</A> -Cui Bono?-

David Morehouse -True Adventures of a Psychic Spy 2/6
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/psispy1.html

As described in Michael Talbot's book, The Holographic Universe, they
considered another way of looking at the world: "Our brains mathematically
construct objective reality by interpreting frequencies that are ultimately
projections from another dimension, a deeper order of existence that is
beyond time and space. The brain is a hologram enfolded in a holographic
universe."

Talbot's book is an invaluable introduction to the paradigm. This model also
shows the interconnectedness of the so-called physical and metaphysical
worlds, how various non-physical phenomena and states of consciousness,
mystical states of awareness, out-of-body experiences and near-death
experiences can co-exist and interact with one another.

Even prophecy or forecasting the future can be described using this model,
vis-ŕ-vis Puthoff's and Targ's precognitive remote-viewing experiments; in
other words, "a view of the future as a hologram that is substantive enough
for us to perceive it but malleable enough to be susceptible to change".
Ingo Swann speaks of the future as "crystallising possibilities".

Relating to Morehouse's description of accessing the fourth dimension
through remote viewing, the late Itzhak Bentov, author of Stalking the Wild
Pendulum, described the relationship between normal versus expanded states
of consciousness as a constant "on-off" process in which time spent in our
"solid" reality, as opposed to other realities, is like fine-tuning the
frequency dial of consciousness.

OTHER MODELS FOR EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION

Morehouse's description of remote viewing also correlates to the Sanskrit
term siddhis, or powers, which include clairaudience, clairvoyance, even
precipitation of matter from the ethers. Christians have called them the
"gifts of the Holy Spirit"-spiritual gifts given by the grace of God.

"Yes, I don't disagree," he says. "It's a gift, but by the same token I
think there must be a reason why we're not born with it."

Some Christians disagree with his advocacy of teaching remote-viewing
techniques. "Their position is that I'm teaching the black arts, and we
shouldn't be doing this type of thing," says Morehouse. "I don't disagree
that there is a dark side to this, but in the coming millennium we are
eventually going to be in somewhat dire straits. We are going to be
confronted with very difficult choices. If you knew that people with you are
good people, would you not want them to be counted as warriors who serve God
with you? Would you not want them to be armed with these powers?"

So do other so-called extrasensory powers like clairvoyance or telepathy
come with this ability for remote viewing?

Morehouse replies that "...what happens is that these are all words which
describe the perceptions of individuals who have conduits open. The hardest
thing is for the conscious mind to develop this ability. It's a learned or
practised thing to interpret the data presented to it by the unconscious
mind. As the unconscious mind travels backwards and forwards on the
time-space continuum, it throws back raw data without analysis. It wants to
develop a dialogue, but the dialogue development has to come from the
conscious mind. We have to consciously interpret, not analyse, what we're
given by the unconscious mind. It's learning how to live with that still,
small voice within yourself and learning to interpret it correctly."

And what is that "still, small voice"? Is it the voice of God? Or the voice
of the Holy Spirit?

"You have to learn how to interpret it, how to speak that language," says
Morehouse. "Your conscious mind can very successfully shut out the Holy
Spirit."

This could be what the Christians call "carnal mind", the rational logical
mind that breaches no intuitive sensitivity.

And what is the difference between out-of-body experiences and
remote-viewing techniques?

"We tried to do an out-of-body experience," says Morehouse. "There was
actually experimentation done in developing protocols in developing OOBE
remote viewing. Remote viewing is just opening conduits, and out-of-body is
an actual separation of the spiritual body from the physical body. And this
did not take place in the remote viewing.

"When you tear the spiritual body from the physical, what does that mean?
It's harmful. That means that you leave the physical body open, allowing
inhabitation by whatever else that wants to step in because the spiritual
body is now gone. We're not talking about levels of consciousness. We're
talking about spiritual separation. The spiritual body roams around and it's
not under control. It's like a balloon floating in a hot breeze. It goes
wherever the breeze will carry it, and God only knows what makes up that
breeze."

What about the idea that this spiritual body is the responsibility of every
individual, that karma can be made and destructive things can be done
because the body is not in control?

"I agree wholeheartedly with that," says Morehouse. "In fact, I know that
it's true. The physical body is never left in remote viewing. There is
always contact, but the physical body begins to manifest the physiological
signs of what the projected consciousness is experiencing in the target
area."

So what is the term for this projection of consciousness into the target
area if it isn't a body?

Morehouse says, "Its called bilocation. It's folding space, folding time and
space. It's like bringing the event to you without ever going to the event,
if you tap into it. It's omnipresent while traversing back and forth on the
time-space continuum. What does it mean? It means you're everywhere at the
same time. So the only way you can be everywhere at the same time is because
everywhere is where you are. So, folding space is the best analogy I can
think of-like an accordion that folds in on itself, where you don't move. I
was taught to believe that it was like the pages of a book, of an
encyclopaedia. There are planes that are separated, yet they're connected by
the spine of the book. The spine of the book corresponds to the
unconscious."

REALITY (TIME) BITES

In his book, Psychic Warrior, Morehouse wrote that "the past was locked and
the future was an untethered fire hose rocking and swaying, constantly
changing".

So can past time be changed to affect future time?

"If you went back to look at it, it's like pulling up that event like a
slide and stepping into it, reliving it. You are there in apparitional form,
but you aren't really there at all. What you are experiencing there is the
temperature, the sound, the sights, the smells. Plus you take it a step
further in the unconscious mind on all the intangibles, the aesthetic
impact, the emotional impact. You feel the pain of the people. You feel all
things. Why? Because you are looking at it from a four-dimensional
perspective, and translating it as quickly as the mind can operate, back to
the conscious mind, puts it into physical terms. So you're experiencing it
and it can take a definite toll on you.

"For instance, go to 1945 and step into Ground Zero Hiroshima. You can pull
that event up and step into it, and all the torment of souls being torn from
their bodies, all of the horror relevant to that event lives on. You can
step back there and experience it."

So this is a record that remains forever and ever?

"The past remains, but it's locked in that part of the time-space
continuum," explains Morehouse. "You can step in and experience it, but you
couldn't go and kick someone in the shins, so that Adolf Hitler stumbles off
the platform and breaks his neck. You can't affect anything. You can't do
anything there except be there and observe and gather information."

ACCESSING THE COSMIC MEMORY BANK

This is where physics and metaphysics collide. Morehouse's description of
remote viewing sounds very similar to accessing what has been called the
"akashic records". Akasha is a Sanskrit word which means "primordial
substance".

According to Supermemory authors Ostrander and Schroeder, "...this cosmic
databank of the totality of universal happenings was conceptualised as being
recorded on a 'subtle ether', a kind of invisible, all-pervading medium
through which 'kasha', or the visible light, passes throughout space as a
manifestation of vibration."

In other words, like a 4D cosmic camcorder, the holographic record of each
instant on the time-space continuum is captured and held there forever.

A book titled The Human Aura carries a very apt description of this
phenomenon which clearly resonates with Morehouse's descriptions:

"It is of utmost importance that the student understand that there is a
process whereby every observation of his five senses is transmitted
automatically to subconscious levels within himself, where, by inner
hieroglyph, events he has witnessed or matters which he has studied are
recorded; thus the entire transmittal of data from the external world to the
internal lies in the akashic records of his own being.

"The process of recall, while quite involved from a technical standpoint, is
almost instantaneous. Out of the storehouse of memory, man quite easily
calls forth these treasures of being. Unfortunately, not all events are
benign; not all recordings are examples of perfection."

Akashic records, then, describe "...all that transpires in matter is
recorded in akasha-etheric energy vibrating at a certain frequency so as to
absorb, or record, all of the impressions of life."

Here's another definition of akashic records: "...the recordings of all that
has taken place in an individual's world are written by recording angels
upon a substance and dimension known as akasha."

"Akasha is a primary substance; the subtlest, supersensuous, ethereal
substance which fills the whole of space; energy vibrating at a certain
frequency so as to absorb, or record, all of the impressions of life. These
recordings can be read by those whose soul faculties are developed."

Edgar Cayce, "the Sleeping Prophet", is said to have contacted these records
when he went in his "sleep" to bring back astonishingly precise information
about the past, including historical details relating to people and events
during the time of Jesus, for example.

Cayce's work also delivered specific prescriptions for diseases as well as
the reasons why. Authors Ostrander and Schroeder write that Cayce's amazing
gift "...overshadowed the arresting fact that he could so easily dip into an
unseen information bank and bring back provable data."