</A> -Cui Bono?-

On 30 Mar 00, at 11:15, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So the notion that doing away with smoking leads to an
> elimination of disease and a longer healthier life is
> scarcely born out by the German experience. In
> particular, it is not born out by the life expectancies
> of German women, which turn out to be less, 42 years
> after the War and 37 years after the end of the tobacco
> shortage in Germany, than those of women in the United
> States who smoked freely during the same time when
> smoking was either banned for German women or
> unavailable to them because of shortages of tobacco.

I am holding my breath, just waiting for the legal attacks on Pepsi
and Coca Cola for the lethal ingredients in their products. Most
especially for the diet colas with which they conquer the world and
flood the markets. Surely they must know that aspertame  (or
NutraSweet) is a neurotoxin. Enough has been written about it for
at least a decade. Yet Pepsi and Coke have no warning labels to
let people know they are guzzling poisons which can cause them
any number of diseases, disabilities, and serious daily discomforts.

Now really, complaining about Coke and Pepsi would be
unAmerican. But at the supermarket checkout, when I see a
person with 6 gallon bottles, I can hardly restrain myself from
delivering a rant about the dangers.
sno0wl