</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000405b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Yesterday's bulletins: http://web.pitas.com/skeptinews/04_04a_2000.html
* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Site of latest notices, excuses, news/views: http://skeptilog.pitas.com
* No social structures were harmed during the production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Run, Salariman, Run! http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milano/2255/dash02.gif
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Flying Triangle UFOs: ME, AL, KY & UK: http://www.caus.org/ft040500.htm
# Recent Pennsylvania UFO Reports: Ross Township, Pittsburgh - - Shadyside,
  Pittsburgh - Gans, Fayette County: http://sightings.com/general/penufo.htm

@ Space Shuttle Tether UFO Visitors Evidence Grows - What's wrong with the
  explanations? What's been suppressed? http://www.ufomag.co.uk/DEBATE01.htm
@ Hangar 18 At Wright-Patterson - Fact Or Fiction? Are the Roswell debris in
  Hangar 23? http://home.earthlink.net/~rcollins637/reports/wp_hangar18.htm

: Have you observed/acquired/analyzed any alien artifacts lately? Have they
taken over your higher/medium/lower thought-processes? Are you quite happy?

# Defending Our Planet - Arizona Observatory Is Main Link in Earth Defense -
  Alien Attacks Must Be Fought: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9623497
# ALIEN DEVICE <http://millerlite.com/faq.html> DISSEMINATED BY MILLER BEER
  COMPANY <http://millerlite.com/splash.html> FOR TOTAL HUMAN MIND-CONTROL!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# MAN QUESTIONED IN CONNECTION WITH THEFT OF NAZI SPY MACHINE. A 50-year-old
  man was being questioned by British police in connection with the theft of
  a World War II encoding machine, police said. The machine, a device called
  Enigma that was used by the Nazis to send top secret messages, was stolen
  from a glass cabinet at the Bletchley Park museum, northwest of London.
  http://CNN.com/2000/WORLD/europe/04/05/Britain.enigma/index.html

@ CIA Mj-12 Memos on Project Aquarius? On EBE-2? On IACs?
  http://home.earthlink.net/~rcollins637/reports/mj12_cia_aquariusmemos.htm
  http://home.sprintmail.com/~rigoletto/reports/mj12_ebe2_cia_mj12_memos.htm
  http://home.sprintmail.com/~rigoletto/reports/mj12_cia_iacmemos.htm
@ TOP SECRET/MJ-12 Directive Draft Memo?
  http://home.earthlink.net/~rcollins637/reports/mj12_directive_memo.htm

: Have you appropriated any intelligence/indoctrination devices/information
lately? Do your alien masters require the return of all such materials? How
will they use such materials? Will all alien technologies be repossessed??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Visions 21 - WILL WE LIVE ON MARS? WILL WE TRAVEL TO THE STARS? WILL WE
  TRAVEL BACK (OR FORWARD) IN TIME? WILL SOMEONE BUILD A PERPETUAL-MOTION
  MACHINE? WILL WE MEET E.T.? WILL A KILLER ASTEROID HIT THE EARTH? HOW WILL
  THE UNIVERSE END? WILL WE DISCOVER ANOTHER UNIVERSE? WILL THE MIND FIGURE
  OUT HOW THE BRAIN WORKS? WILL WE HAVE A FINAL THEORY OF EVERYTHING?WILL WE
  FIGURE OUT HOW LIFE BEGAN? WILL WE CLONE A DINOSAUR?WILL WE KEEP EVOLVING?
  WILL ANYONE EVER RUN A 3-MINUTE MILE? WILL WE CONTROL THE WEATHER? CAN WE
  SAVE CALIFORNIA? WILL WE EVER TRAVEL AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT? ...REACH
  ABSOLUTE ZERO? ...GET RID OF COCKROACHES? WILL THERE BE ANYTHING LEFT TO
  DISCOVER? http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articles/0,3266,42354,00.html

: Should we travel to Mars, to the stars, thru time? Should we save Earth,
California, cockroaches? Should we clone dinosaurs, humans, cockroaches?
Will we do all this stuff whether we *should* or not? Will aliens stop us?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Rice code boosts GM prospects. (BBC) US biotech giant Monsanto says it
  has almost finished decoding the genetic blueprint of rice. Any day now:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_701000/701874.stm

# Also - GM super rice unveiled - walks, talks, computes trigonometry:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_695000/695589.stm
# Yellow rice gives dietary boost - then devours victims from inside:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_602000/602112.stm
# Lab plant makes history - foils French invasion of England, Wales:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_566000/566183.stm

: Have you developed any superplants lately? Have you decoded their DNA? Are
they smarter/faster/deadlier than you? Will they replace humanity very soon?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Motion Of Massive Antarctic Ice Berg Causes Another Huge Berg To "Calve."
  The gyrations of an enormous iceberg that broke free of the Ross Ice Shelf
  in Antarctica last week have loosened another large iceberg, and "calving"
  of additional bergs may continue in coming weeks due to the ebb & flow of
  ocean tides. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/04/000404210240.htm

# PLANETS LINE UP: http://www.CNN.com/2000/TECH/space/04/04/planets.align/
# Some Coronal Mass Ejections Are Caused By Shock Waves From Solar Flares In
  Other Regions Of The Sun. Phenomena disrupt human activities in space and
  on Earth: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/04/000404122024.htm

: Have you manipulated any icecaps/planets/stars/galaxies lately? D'ya slosh
around the interiors/surfaces of such bodies like splashing in a bathtub? Is
it easy to tear apart such bodies? Is all matter/energy inherently fragile?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# X Chromosome Key To Women's Longevity? Women live longer than men because
  of their extra X chromosome: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9626570
# Gene Helps Viruses Multiply: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9630255

# Soya breast cancer link dismissed. (BBC) There is no evidence to support
  fears that soya foods could lead to breast cancer, a study has concluded.
  Tofu!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_701000/701819.stm
# Soy Protects Heart, Hormones: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9630258

: Have you genetically-engineered any new sexual distinctions lately? D'ya
tweak genes to play with sexual distinctions; mix genes to reduce such diff-
erences; manipulate plant genes to affect human tissues/genetics/thought??

@ Romans did not consider male genitalia obscene or lewd, or even very
  arousing. Instead, erect penises were regarded as good-luck charms:
  http://www.smh.com.au/news/0004/03/features/features4.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# MindControl: DARE Indoctrination Fails.Everyone is rightly concerned about
  the dangers that drugs pose to our children.However, Drug Abuse Resistance
  Education (DARE) is demonstrably ineffective and an actual danger to our
  families.  http://www.detroitnews.com/EDITPAGE/0004/02/edit5/edit5.htm

# New 'WAVE' School Informer Program Mirrors Hitler Youth? 'Wave' of protest
  over plan - Is 'anonymous tip' program 'experiment that went too far'?
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_bresnahan/20000402_xex_wave_protest.shtml

: Have you reprogrammed any mental/social structures lately? Are humanoids
easier to reprogram than are machines/aliens/lawyers? Is society vulnerable?

@ The 3rd Association of Old Crows Electronic Warfare Conference and Exhibit
  will take place in Zurich, Switzerland from 22 to 24 May 2000. Topics will
  be electronic Warfare, Information Operations and Electro-Optics/Infrared
  sensors and countermeasures. http://www.swisscrows.org/conference

  "Life is much too important... to ever talk seriously about." --O.Wilde

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiNews bulletins now *ONLINE* at: http://skeptinews.pitas.com/
* Fringes of Thought, Experience, Behavior, Knowledge, Foreboding...