</A> -Cui Bono?-

Unless I'm mistaken or there's been a recent organisational change, the
German national intelligence agency is the Bundesnachrichtendienst (Bnd.)
"Verfassungsschutz" can be translated as "protection of the constitution."

Possibly there is a department within the Bnd for "protection
of the constitution?