</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 04/04/2000 11:47:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 The wonderful thing about today's media is that you really can
 choose what you watch. You can tune in to Turner Classic Movies--
 if you have cable-- and see all the Oscar winning movies that were,
 including the 1932 version of Midsummer Night's Dream with
 Mickey Rooney (as a kid) playing Puck and a young James
 Cagney playing Bottom (the Special Effects are stunning). Or
 Shirley Temple in The Bluebird--to mention only two of the least
 controversial films on a very long list. >>

Oh Owl, wasn't that sort of pre-talkie talkie marvellous.  I've only seen it
once, but I was enthralled.  I had a thing for Victor Jory for ages after I
saw that.  And that beautiful child who became a kind of underlord in
Hollywood (can't think of the name right now.  And Merle Oberon.  Oh, it was
an experience.  I saw it in about l976.  A few days later I saw "The Naughty
Old Lady."  It's a French film.  If you ever get a chance to see it.  The
acting is fabulous.  It's not often you see two good ones in the same week.

There is some good stuff out there.  Just enough to prove they can do without
car chases, karate battles and long, long, long, long, long sex scenes.
Prudy