</A> -Cui Bono?-

Prudy,

That will be the Asian immigrants. I'm a NZer and as far as I know the
Maoris have never been generally called an 'ethnic minority'. If our
Prime Minister called the Maoris an 'ethnic minority' the comedians
would still be laughing about in a years time. Technically they may be
but every Maori has some European blood now. We have pretty much escaped
the whites stealing the land and letting the native peoples dwindle saga
compared to other countries.The Maoris intregated well in taking on a
new lifestyle. But have kept their tradition as well a lot - it isn't
exactly 50/50 but we enjoy Maori input, they do have talent. I prev
lived in a city with 51% Maori population. It became a multi racial
society with equal opportunity available. Thank goodness. Its too small
a country for them to escape integration, only 3 1/2 million now. Maori
are about 1/6, present English immigrants about 1/7, [many more from
English forefathers], Irish descendants about 1/7. I'd estimate the
Scots would have about the same if not more than Irish, with the rest
Welsh and Dutch.

 But we do have many Koreans, Fijian Indians, and others from Asia here,
whom are labeled 'ethnic minority' in the newspapers. I would be very
surprised to find the Maoris doing gender based abortions, they would
have no reason to like the Asians do, who have no welfare for the
oldies. Maori men and women seem reasonably balanced in power as far as
other counties go. [Just ignore Once Were Warriors lol - Maori women are
not generally wimps.]  But lately we have had an exodus from South
Africa, Pacific Islands and Yugoslavia.

Nicky