---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 15:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Franklin Wayne Poley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     q <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [FUTURE-CITIES] Jerusalem and the Planning of Future World Cities.

    I noticed that a couple of people from India just subscribed so I
thought I'd post a reminder on Navi Mumbai or New Bombay. Navi Mumbai was
a city-built-anew for 250,000 in the 1970's. Today it is over 1,000,000.
There is a book in the Vancouver library by Chief Architect Charles Correa
on Navi Mumbai called "The New Landscape".
   The issue is not whether Navi Mumbai was a great success or not. It
solved some problems and didn't solve others. Likewise "International
Village" in Vancouver has just been completed and it solved some problems
and didn't solve others. The issue has to do with putting a city or
village (or individual home) under the microscope so to speak and
PERFECTING IT.
   With this new blessing of the Internet and with world population
increasing at 100,000,000/year I think we will have many opportunities
in years to come to perfect human habitat at all levels. It has long
struck me that those who offer an ideology to humankind, whether it is
Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Atheist or whatever also have an obligation to
spell out a real, in-this-world way of life which "makes sense". Charles
Correa gives a sketch of a "MANDALA" for a city in Ancient India. This was
a preliminary "architectural drawing" for the proposed new city and it was
said to be INSPIRED BY THE IDEOLOGY of those people. That is what is
significant.
   Prime Minister Chretien of Canada is now in the Middle East on a trade
and peace-keeping tour. If Israel-Palestine go back to UN-proposed borders
from 1947, Jerusalem would be neither Isreali nor Palestinian. It would be
an International City. Why not then have Jerusalem serve as that "light
unto the nations" which will plan Future Cities and Future Villages the
world over?
FWP.

http://users.uniserve.com/~culturex/Machine-Psychology.htm

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2646/7/_/529939/_/955382251/

*** Space has unlimited carrying capacity ***

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters