Since this is a Conspiracy Theory list, our discussions should, NO, MUST contain
information of a conspiratorial nature.  Just running around calling people names and
quoting scripture to demonize those who disagree with you will not cut it.  Abortion
is a very touchy subject with a lot of people, not the least of which must be those
who have undergone the procedure (It cannot be an easy decision to have your body
invaded in that way).  I am in favor of keeping this list on topic.  If anyone wishes
to discuss the uses for societal manipulation this has, the effects of tissue
harvesting and the role of elite medicos in the formation of new law and technology in
this area, that would be a couple of on topic points that connect with this issue.
If, on the other hand, one wanted to say that abortionists need to drop dead, or that
people who have abortions should be killed, or just quote scripture and press moral
points condemning the practice, then they have NO PLACE here.

On Tue, 11 April 2000, nessie wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:
> >
> >This is off subject and this list
>
> >is not the forum for a discussion of abortion.
>

> Maybe these people came here specifically to distract us from the topic.
> Maybe we're victims of a psy-op. It's apparently extremely easy to
> distract people with hot button issues. Passions run high on both sides of
> a number of issues. Abortion is not the only one. It is, however, one over
> which buildings are being blown up and people gunned down in cold blood.
> That's warfare by any definition. . That puts abortion in a class by
> itself. It's essentially a religious issue. Bottom line: If you attempt to
> impose your religion on my by force, I'll kill you. I'm sure you'd do the
> same. This is NOT an extremist position. This is how MOST people feel.
> Fortunately, most people don't want a war. Nevertheless, we have a war.
> That doesn't mean this list should be the scene of a front.
>
> I propose that, just as an experiment, we continue to discuss abortion but
> abstain from discussing the ethics and morals involved. While they are the
> most passion evoking aspects of the subject, they far from the whole of it.
>
> We could talk about how abortion is used to divide us and who benefits
> when we are divided. That's certainly on topic. We could talk about who is
> protecting the fugitive terrorist and  murderer Rudolph. They are, by
> definition, a conspiracy. We could talk about the Phineas Priests. They
> are archetypical of "cults who kill." Cults and conspiracy go hand in
> hand. Speaking of cults, we could talk about Vatican for years without
> ever once having to mention religion. All we have to do is focus on the
> Vatican's bank scandal, it's collaboration with Nazis, it's sponsorship of
> the Ustashi's genocide, the Inquisition, the suppression of science and
> the  ecological  disaster that the Church's opposition to birth control
> makes virtually inevitable.
>
> Or we could call each other names.  Either way's fine with me.
>
> <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A>
> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic
> screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
> matters
> and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, misdirections and outright
> frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects
> spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRL
> gives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers;
> be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and
> [...]

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com