http://home.earthlink.net/~whm/index.html

P.O. Box 7486 Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (310) 275-3194
Send e-mail to Bill McIlhany at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Announcing a Research and Publication Project for Serious Students of the
Struggle between Individualism and Collectivism
If you are interested in serious, scholarly historical research on the
conspiratorial view of history in general, and the Master Conspiracy thesis
(Illuminati/1776-present) in particular, this is where you belong.

We are providing primary source, archival documentation on this subject
matter which has been collected over several decades.

You will NOT find in our material:

1. wild or off-the-wall speculation (such as UFOs linked to secret
societies)

2. use of poorly documented or worthless source material

3. assortment of varying viewpoints going in different directions

Although we hope to make all our publications available for downloading as
text files on the Internet, the periodical Journal of Individualist Studies
is still only available in print as a 4-issue subscription for a suggested
minimum donation of $100. Our video and audio tapes must also be ordered
with check or money order from our address:

Individualist Research Foundation
P.O. Box 7486
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 275-3194 voice
(310) 205-7952 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

We welcome your participation and support.

Letter from William H. McIlhany:

The subject of this letter and the proposal it represents have been
carefully considered in view of the undertaking and commitment it obviously
requires.

When I became active in the conservative, anti-Communist movement in 1965,
there were a number of book and periodical publishers introducing and
reprinting both current/popular and, to some extent, scholarly/academic
materials. Naturally most of these publications concerned themselves with
current events and personalities crucially involved in the struggle of
individualism vs. collectivism. A good example of this was my publisher,
Arlington House, which published many conservative, anti-Communist titles
until about 1981.

Unfortunately today there are no full-scale book publishers in the
conservative, anti-Communist field. This is partially due to the increasing
cost of books and book publishing in recent years. But it is also due to the
movement's need to devote a scarcity of funds for the ongoing attention to
immediate issues and the relative apathy of conservative anti-Communists and
libertarians following the elections of 1980. It is also true that some
publishers have necessarily limited themselves in the scope and content of
their publications.

The result is that even the most stimulating new manuscripts go unpublished,
or must be self-published with varying standards of editorial quality and
very uncertain potential for distribution. This is particularly true of more
scholarly manuscripts and reprinted materials that are of primary interest
to serious students of the Master Conspiracy thesis best known from the
writings of Nesta Webster and Robert Welch. And those of us who have
collected such material over the years are painfully aware that it remains
unutilized.

For this reason I established the Individualist Research Foundation, Inc.,
which is a 501.C3 tax-exempt organization, to make possible the collection,
preparation and publication of manuscripts, reprinted materials and other
media (seminars, audio and video cassettes, etc.) which would not otherwise
be available.

The initial project of the Foundation is a periodical, Journal of
Individualist Studies, which I edit in collaboration with a distinguished
group of individuals comprising the editorial advisory board. A list of
potential contents for early issues of the Journal accompanies this letter.

It should be stated that the Foundation and its projects, under rules
governing tax-exempt organizations, will not be concerned with any current
legislative or partisan political controversies, and will thus not assume
the posture of an activist grass-roots movement in competition with any of
those which now exist.

The Foundation represents the satisfaction of an educational need for a
necessarily select audience of serious students. But the Journal and other
Foundation publications can also become the archives for an alternative
curricula in most fields of undergraduate and graduate study for future
educational institutions that wish to offer genuine alternatives based on
the principles fundamental to a free society. At present, such private
schools and colleges as do exist, to the extent they are aware of such
alternatives, find it difficult or impossible to assemble such curricula.
And if that long-range goal can be accomplished, the Foundation will have
more than met its original objective.

Contributions to the Individualist Research Foundation are deductible under
IRS regulations governing 501.C3 organizations and a receipt will be issued
in acknowledgment of each contribution.

The Foundation will not market its products and services commercially, but
will offer them in return for suggested minimum donations.

If you are interested in the subject matter with which the Foundation and
its projects are concerned, I welcome your participation, support and
thoughts as to how the Foundation may best accomplish its objectives and
meet your needs and those of others. And most of all, I hope that your
enthusiasm for our work will reflect the positive encouragement thus far
received which led to this effort.

Sincerely,

William H. McIlhany

Editorial Advisory Board (partial listing)

Samuel L. Blumenfeld
John Hospers
G. Edward Griffin
William Jasper
R. Squier Ball
Alan Stang
Sam Wells

Brief Vitae of William H. Mcllhany

Author

KLANDESTINE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF DELMAR DENNIS AND HIS ROLE IN THE FBI'S WAR
AGAINST THE KU KLUX KLAN, Arlington House, 1975. (This book is featured in
the 1996 movie, Ghosts of Mississippi, and was crucial in the prosecution
and conviction of Byron de la Beckwith for the 1963 murder of Medgar Evers.)

THE ACLU ON TRIAL, Arlington House, 1976.

THE TAX-EXEMPT FOUNDATIONS, Arlington House, 1980.

BETRAYAL AT THE TOP: THE RECORD OF THE AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION,
Western Goals Foundati on, 1985.

JOURNAL OF INDIVIDUALIST STUDIES, 1991-present

NO CIVIL WAR AT ALL: EIGHTY YEARS OF CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY THE UNITED
STATES, 1790-1870, 1992.

Documentary Research Director for three one-hour
Film Research video documentaries produced by
Western Goals Foundation
(the late Rep. Lawrence P. McDonald):

NO PLACE TO HIDE: THE HISTORY AND STRATEGY OF TERRORISM, 1982.

THE SUBVERSION FACTOR: Part I, MOLES IN HIGH PLACES, 1983.

THE SUBVERSION FACTOR: Part II, THE OPEN GATES OF TROY, 1983.

Founder, Individualist Research Foundation, Beverly Hills, CA, 1986. The
foundation produces the Journal of Individualist Studies and audio-visual
materials including the public access cable TV show THE MCILHANY REPORT.

Lecturing: Appeared for the John Birch Society's American Opinion Speakers
Bureau throughout most of the United States, including many media
interviews, 1975-1982.

Education: B.A., History with Senior Thesis in Marketing, Washington & Lee
University, 1973.

Hobbies: Performing magic semi-professionally since age eight, collecting
antique magic apparatus and film, science-fiction and related genre motion
pictures (mostly silents through mid-1960s), alternative medicine and other
unorthodox science and philosophy.

© The Individualist Research Foundation.

Send e-mail to Bill McIlhany at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters