Will Gun Control Lead to Civil War?
by Michael E. Cook
http://www.sierratimes.com/edmc041900.htm

I have always said what I think and try not to offend too many
people. However, this week I am going to get right down to it, so if
you get offended easily then don't read on. This one will not help you
at all. I am talking about what will happen in the future if the
government tries to take away our rights and impose laws on We the
People that are not constitutional. I know that many out there fear this
very thing as I do. Freedom is a constant battle in this old world of
ours. I, like many of you went out and fought for freedom and our
way of life and have many times put it all on the line for that freedom.
I, like many of you will be willing and able to do it again.

Now we can get down to the point I am trying to make. Those that
would take our rights away from us are using the violence in our
schools and other places as a vehicle to take those rights. We have
already lost our property rights to the endangered species act and
other federal laws. Many of you are out of work and Coos County is
Depressed because of this. Our way of life and the quality of that life
has suffered in Coos County. The violence they tell us is beyond
control as long as you and I have the right to own firearms. We must
give up our most important right, which by the way, gives us the ability
to protect our other rights, to stop crime and violence in our streets.
This is what they try to push down our throat every day.

My questions to those who would take that right are: What is an
acceptable body-count for taking that right? How many Americans
are you willing to have killed on both sides of the issue to take that
right? What's the value of that right to you? I will tell you this right
now, if they try to take firearms from most of the gun owners I know,
including me, it will be another civil war here in America. The last one
had a high body count and this one will be even higher. The reason is
because everyone killed is American. There will be law enforcement
officers, military personnel, and civilians lost in this war. This is one
fight I am not looking forward to and I know it will destroy America.

The rules of engagement are lost on the civilians. We don't have jet
aircraft and smart bombs, so we will have to fight with whatever we
can until they kill us. We will fight and we will do the best we can,
however I know the outcome and I'm ready for that also. I'm at
peace with my God. The bottom line is we don't need to even have
this fight. If the traitors who are in our government and elsewhere
would stop their treason, or get arrested and punished for it, this
would not happen. You and I have let this happen by allowing our
media and our government to push this on Americans. We can no
longer allow that to happen if we want to avoid a war. That is the
bottom line.

When Sarah Brady at Handgun Control, Inc. can draw down a salary
of $277,891.00 a year for her treasonous acts against the Second
Amendment, without standing trial, and getting that kind of wage, we
will continue to be run over. HCI has an annual budget of $7,624,
306. They spend this and more each year to take your rights. The
president of the NRA doesn't get a salary. Does this tell you anything?

You can make life tuff for HCI. Write and ask for a copy of form
990, which they are required by law to provide. The address is:

Handgun Control, Inc. 1225 Eye Street, N.W., Room 1100
Washington, D.C. 20005.

They have to pay staff to copy and send you 13 pages of that report.
You need to include an addressed, stamped envelope. We could
make them so busy they won't have time to fight.

Keep your ear to the ground and your eyes open, and your powder
dry. It is coming and it won't be fun.

Michael E. Cook, Retired Sheriff - Coos County.

-end article-
----------------
"...but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form
an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the
liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if
at all inferior to them in discipline and use of arms, who stand ready to
defend their rights..."
-Alexander Hamilton
The Patriot Resource Center: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6627/
Online Patriot Internet Radio: http://www.geocities.com/aresister_2000/

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters