^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
|     Opium EXPRESS       | ||','''|'''''''\___,
|                                  __ | ||__|'__|___||
['''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)      *****'(@)*

>From Seattle to Sydney 2000:
Of its kind :  The most powerful communications
group in existance

                    The "Oversight Olympiad"

    86% of the all the heroin on the streets of Aus?

Editorial : If you call the New York Times and tell them
that you are concerned as to how General Barry
McCaffrey, while unable to oust Aus's local smack
dealers, the Burmese military junta, is waging a genuine
war upon drugs.. They will tell you that there are hundreds
(too many) of disgruntled people, all waging war on
McCaffrey. However, the following accusation is both
different from the usual, and may lay at the very heart of
all our concerns, if proven true.

What can one do against such Pentagoonian odds?

One can only suggest to those who need to get into the
Front Line with some extra rapido, consider this possibliity
of a war crime accusation against the workings of
the offices of the US Drug Czar, as extra motivation to
bring down the Games. If the General and his friends are
defiant, foolish  and corrupt enough to allow Rangoon to
send a team to the Opium Olympiad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/World/Americas/2000-04/warcrimes190400.shtml

The Independent (UK)

General attacks journalist over war crimes allegations

By Andrew Marshall in Washington

A high-profile battle has broken out in Washington
between a retired general and a leading journalist
over allegations of war crimes by US forces in Iraq.

What is particularly unusual is that the allegations
have been made public by the man at the centre of
them, in what appears to be a pre-emptive strike.
Indeed, that is the only form in which the allegations
exist: no one else has publicly raised them.

General Barry McCaffrey, who runs the White House war
on drugs, has attacked journalist Seymour Martin Hersh
for making claims about war crimes in an article he is
preparing for The New Yorker magazine, even though Mr
Hersh has written nothing so far. The protagonists are
both highly experienced and respected in their fields.

General McCaffrey was the most highly decorated and
youngest four-star army general at retirement, with
two Distinguished Service Crosses and two Silver Stars
for his actions in Vietnam. He commanded 26,000
soldiers of the US Army 24th Infantry Division Combat
Team during Desert Storm, and was awarded the
Distinguished Service Medal for leading a massive
left-hook attack into Iraq. He now heads the Office of
National Drug Control Policy in the White House, and
is a very controversial figure.

Mr Hersh is one of the best-known investigative
reporters in the world. As a freelance in 1969, he
wrote the first account of the My Lai massacre in
Vietnam. He has worked for The New York Times and
written for The New Yorker, as well as publishing
books on Henry Kissinger, Gulf War Syndrome, and a
controversial book on John F Kennedy, The Dark Side of
Camelot.

_____________

Follow the plea by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, and the
appreciations of HH the Dalai Lama, the Shan
Democratic Union,  film maker  John  Pilger, the Free
Burma Coalition,  author Alan Clements,  MPs Dennis
Skinner, Tony Benn, Ann Clwyd, Maria Fyfe, Mike
Hancock,  Congress-woman  Maxine Waters,  Dr and
Welsh rugby star JPR Williams, Hendrix  bassist  Noel
Redding,  S African jazz pianist Abdullah Ibrahim,  All
Burma Students Democratic Organisation,  All Burma
Students Democratic Front, Tasmanian Trades & Labour
Council,  SACP, COSATU,  Tim Gopsill, editor.
[EMAIL PROTECTED], and numerous others.

Supporting a Genuine war upon drugs and human rights abuse.
Sydney 2000 : Burma Out!
http://www.mihra.org/2k/burma.htm

Music Industry Human Rights Association
http://www.mihra.org / [EMAIL PROTECTED]