On Fri, 5 May 2000, uaicvtmb wrote:

> WOW - Some Article?
>
> Sad to say, I think we * already *  have a "President Robot".

According to the "Futurama" TV Series, set in 3000 AD, John Quincy Adding
Machine will be the first US Robot-for-President.

> He is Controlled by the "Globalist's Agenda's". As are "Other
> World Leaders". But, that's only my opinion which according
> to some doesn't mean anything. <yawn>.

I think it is CRUCIAL that us "peasant masses" know the state of the art
in robotics or we could lose our freedom without even knowing it. In one
"Outer Limits" TV Show the humans are shown as enslaved by
Aliens. Eventually they win one of their revolutions and discover that the
actual Aliens came, conquered and left centuries before. They also left
surrogate Aliens behind to rule the planet. Those "Globalists" could rule
and enslave this planet from Mars colonies even before 2099. I have long
said that even now Americans do not have liberty but the illusion of
liberty.

 There would have to
> be a "Seperate Constitution" Written for Machines !

Both Moravec and Kurzweil see humans evolving into machines before 2099.

> It would be interesting though, if My Computer wanted the * Right *
> of "Free Speech"? Then, If I "disconnected" it from the "Net" Would
> it Notify the "National Association of Advancement of Computers" to
> Have the DOJ haul me into Court for "Computer Right's Violations"?
> As if "Life" wasn't complicated enough. What would * they * do then?
> Haul me before a "Supreme Computer Court" for Adjuciation?

In a nut shell, that is it. You will see it before 2099.

> So you can see, that would "really" get out of hand. Sounds more like
> Science Fiction, than Fact.

Right now I'm writing the Epilogue to "Machine Psychology". I'm trying to
make a succint, clear and convincing argument that the high tech
technological lag is about 25 years. Where we think we will be in 25 years
is where we are now.

  As Mankind "created" Computers, in a
> similiar manner to the Good Lord Creating Mankind.

Our "Mind Children" as Moravec calls them.

 But We cannot
> go around and bring "suit" against the Lord, now can we? So shall it
> will be with the "Thinking Machine"? Otherwise - the Future "Cyborgs"
> will become our Enemies as much as "Evil Men" in our lifetime do now.
>
> Keep up the Good Work.

Thank you. If my 25 year lag thesis is correct, the public should think
about the implications. For example, no military worth its salt can
afford to ignore this. Do the top world militaries have learning robots
which can learn better than any human and spend 24 hours a day advancing
military science? If they don't have that now they soon will. Could
explain a lot of UFO's eh?
   A local (Vancouver) TV studio wants to do an ed tv program on some
aspect of "Machine Psychology". If they don't "chicken out" this will be
very, very revealing indeed. Ironic though if they do chicken out...in the
city which filmed Outer Limits, Millennium and X Files.

FWP.

http://users.uniserve.com/~culturex/Machine-Psychology.htm

> ~ Mike ~
> U.A.I.C.-VT.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL