>From Emeror's Clothes

Back to the dark ages?
by Jared Israel (5-8-00)
Reprinted from www.emperors-clothes.com
Star Chamber [definition]
Star Chamber (stär) noun
1. A 15th-century to 17th-century English court consisting of judges who were
appointed by the Crown and sat in closed session on cases involving state
security.
2. star chamber (stär chAm¹ber). A court or group that engages in secret,
harsh, or arbitrary procedures.
[So called because the ceiling of the original courtroom was decorated with
stars.]

In the Introduction to Scandal In the Hague I commented that the perversion of
justice embodied in the War Crimes Tribunal is an attempt to politically
shatter and demonize the Bosnian Serbs. On reflection, it is more. By endorsing
star chamber methods, including the use of secret witnesses, the denial of the
defense's right to cross-examine, the holding of defendants for indefinite
periods without recourse, and by trumpeting these methods as a breakthrough for
international law, the Tribunal may foreshadow the Western elite's judicial
goals for the 21st century.

>>> Scandal In the Hague @  http://www.emperors-
clothes.com/articles/pumphrey/scandal.htm <<<

We have posted the petition to Support the Yugoslav Prisoners' Hunger Strike.
>>> @  http://emperors-clothes.com/news/support.htm <<<

This petition is a defense of the rights of all people. To put matters bluntly:
Rome is burning. Shall we fiddle? Shall we allow the power elite in the US,
Britain and a few other Western countries to turn back the clock, to recreate
the Dark Ages in modern dress?

The standards applied in the War Crimes Tribunal, described by Christopher
Black in An Impartial Tribunal? Really?
>>> @  http://www.emperors-clothes.com/analysis/Impartial.htm <<<
and by Robert Hayden in UN War Crimes Tribunal Delivers a Travesty of Justice
>>> @  http://emperors-clothes.com/analysis/unwar.htm <<<
and in great detail in Raymond Kent's Contextualizing Hate
>>> @  http://www.emperors-clothes.com/misc/kent.htm <<<
are being applied in Kosovo where the courts are openly being modeled after the
War Crimes Tribunal. If Kosovo, why not Bulgaria? And if Bulgaria, why not
Holland? And why not the US? Aren't Black people in the US already confronted
with this standard of justice?

We need a worldwide movement connecting these issues. A defense of the most
basic legal rights - Bill of Rights stuff - is needed, a defense which involves
people from all countries and many walks of life. Documents like the ones
mentioned above, by Hayden, Kent and Black, and Pumphrey's honest look at
Srebrenica - these are precious if we do not want a world modeled on Kosovo,
Bosnia and the War Crimes Tribunal.

I have posted two articles from Agence France Presse
>>> @  http://emperors-clothes.com/news/justice.htm  <<<
relating to the Kosovo prisoners. Note, in the first article, datelined
Pristina, how the writer and the people he quotes treat the most basic denial
of rights, for instance, holding prisoners for a year without charge, as
perfectly reasonable. This imprisonment without a hint of due process is
brushed off as being understandable given how things work in Kosovo - as if
Kosovo were a living entity beyond NATO's grasp, as if NATO had not itself
created the current 'legal' system by installing the Kosovo Liberation Army
(KLA or UCK) as the civil government throughout the province, and by in fact
controlling the KLA from above.

Note also that while the writer implies Kosovo has a system of justice under
attack from all sides and hindered by rapid change, in fact the only prisoners
he mentions are Serbs and 'Gypsies'. The practice of holding these people
without charge proves they are not in jail for committing some crime; if they
were suspected of committing an actual crime, why have they not been charged?
Isn't it clear they are being held as political prisoners, perhaps in the hopes
that they will break so that they can be used as witnesses in a show trial? And
isn't this legal system part of the campaign of terror against Serbs, Roma
("Gypsies") and antifascist Albanians?
***
Further reading...
The Kosovo town of Orahovac is one area in which local Serbs have been
literally held hostage to unspecified charges, rumors and suggestions of war
crimes. The following two articles tell the amazing story.
# 1 - To read interviews with the women from Orahovac, click on Save the
families: The women of Orahovac speak or go to http://www.emperors-
clothes.com/misc/savethe.htm
# 2 - Trouw, the Dutch daily, interviewed Col. Tony van Loon, the Dutch KFOR
(NATO) Commander in Orahovac. Excerpts from that interview with responses by
two women from Orahovac can be read by clicking on The Women of Orahovac Answer
the Colonel or going to http://www.emperors-clothes.com/interviews/trouw.htm
***

If you find emperors-clothes.com useful, we can use your help...
All our expenses are covered by individual donations. Right now we are behind
on phone bills (we use the phone for interviews and editorial meetings) and for
Lexis, the wonderful Internet tool that we use to research articles. Any
donation will help with these expenses and for special projects like
'JUDGMENT', the new film we just produced.

You can Order Judgment now!
This movie shows precisely how images were created to demonize the Bosnian
Serbs. Remember the 'emaciated man behind barbed wire'? Would you like to know
the real story?
We suggest a $25 donation for this video inside the US ($26 outside the US)
including shipping - but send a donation of any amount and request the video
and we'll send it. We want everyone to see the truth.
To order JUDGMENT send your donation to:
Emperor's Clothes
P.O. Box 610-321
Newton, MA 02461-0321
Please specify how many films you are ordering.
Or call (617) 916-1705
Or to make a credit card donation please click here for our secure sever go to
http://www.emperors-clothes.com/howyour.htm. Please email us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] to let us know how many films you are ordering. Thanks.
To browse articles from Emperors-Clothes.com, go to http:// www.emperors-
clothes.com and scroll down the page

***

A<>E<>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Integrity has no need of rules. -Albert Camus (1913-1960)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said
it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your
own reason and your common sense." --Buddha
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
information and ideas through any media and regardless
of frontiers." Universal Declaration of Human Rights
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Forwarded as information only; no endorsement to be presumed
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL