David,
     While this "wall of separation" is frequently cited, this phrase does not
actually appear in any of the founding documents of this country. The phrase
was actually used by (I think) Jefferson around the time of the founding of the
USA. The real legal brick of the wall is I guess the "establishment" phrase in
the First Amendment.

     In reality, the "wall" lots of lawsuits involving nativity scenes in front
of the courthouse at christmastime, ten commandments in public schools, god
references on money, etc.

     All of which distracts from the real pressing needs.... Separation of
Media and State, Separation of Schools and State, Separation of Corporations
and State, Separation of Children and Ritalin-wielding bureaucrats, etc.....

http://im.yahoo.com/