Nicky Molloy wrote:

> Here is a rare mental treat folks! I just reviewed Alfred Webre's book on
> the preparation of our entry into Universal society to join with the
> intergalactic federation and WOW I do think he will be worth a listen on
> Jeff Rense's show Sightings on 29 May. Did it ever occur to anyone that
> earth may actually be in quarantine from the rest of the Universe?

No. Not really.

> If you
> weight up all the odds of this being likely - well it seems to fit
> perfectly.

Could you show those numbers which make these odds likely.

> This is great exercise for expanding the mind.

Try Miracle Gro instead.

> Be good to get
> some feedback and see what others think too - Alfred has been hiding his
> talent. I think people need to get prepared for the possibility of us
> rejoining the Universe.

This is a good idea. As practice, why not try rejoining the planet first.

> They are here and we aren't prepared....Alfred used
> to be a futurist at Stanford and has sussed out all that we need to achieve
> to get back into the universal fold.
> Nicky

Dear Nicky,

I don't want list members to get the erroneous impression that I have it in
for you ( so to speak ). I don't. I think that you are bright and energetic.
It's your judgment that I question. Apparently you are capable of believing
ANYTHING.

This should not be confused with being open minded. They are not the same thing
though might appear to be.

There might or might not be intelligent life out in the universe, " but there's
bugger all down here on Earth." (- Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.)

The TRUTH is that we don't know. There is a huge leap to be made from "we don't
know," to what this guy is proposing. In between, there is not sufficient hard
evidence to evoke his conclusion, and your endorsement of that conclusion.

To counteract this nonsense, I suggest you read Rare Earth. This book's authors
propose the theory that life on Earth is UNIQUE. This theory does not require
outrageous leaps of fantasy because ALL CURRENT EVIDENCE SHOWS THIS TO BE THE
CASE. Now, I understand that we may be limited to what we currently know and
that it will surely change, but at least it's rooted in reality.

So keep working on those ol' critical faculties there.

Joshua2

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL