http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_smith/20000524_xcsof_what_it_me.shtml

                  What it means to be an American

                  I once had the good fortune to interview Chinese
                  dissident Harry Wu. Harry spent a good portion of his
                  life inside the Laogai prison camps. The Chinese Laogai
                  camps cannot be compared on an equal basis with
                  American prisons or the Russian Gulag, since millions of
                  Chinese are held in the political prisons every day.

                  Harry's problem was a tendency to question authority
                  and speak out freely. For that, he served over a decade
                  in forced labor. In the end, the Chinese communists
                  exiled him from his own country. He now lives in
                  California.

                  Yet, Harry has also struck back. Harry once managed
                  to capture Chinese People's Armed Police officials
                  trying to sell the body parts of executed dissidents.
                  Harry got them on videotape while posing as a rich man
                  with a kidney disease. The tape was aired on ABC,
                  much to the embarrassment of Beijing.

                  During my interview, Harry paused from his harrowing
                  tale, and spotted a stack of documents I obtained from
                  the U.S. Commerce Department. These documents
                  cover some of the Chinese deals made by the Clinton
                  administration. He expressed an interest in viewing some
                  of them and making a few copies for his benefit. I, of
                  course, obliged. My career as a writer started with
                  documents obtained by the Freedom of Information
                  Act. The Chinese espionage story is a military historian's
                  dream. I must tip my hat to the officers of the People's
                  Liberation Army on a job well done.

                  I have followed the path of documents, tracing the
                  technology to China and the money to the Clinton White
                  House. In the course of discovery, I have also detailed
                  the success of General Huai, General Shen and their
                  brilliant leader, the now-retired General Ding Henggao.

                  General Ding's incredible espionage success inside the
                  Clinton administration brought a literal flood of
                  advanced military equipment for the People's Liberation
                  Army. The sudden upgrade of Chinese military
                  technology also enriched Ding and his American
                  counterpart, Dr. John Lewis, a personal consultant to
                  Clinton's Secretary of Defense William Perry.

                  The long list of advanced military equipment obtained by
                  General Ding and his two subordinates includes secure
                  fiber-optic communications, super computers for
                  nuclear weapons research, missile nose cone design
                  software, special missile manufacturing equipment and
                  multiple nuclear warhead designs.

                  Most of the top backers for permanent trade status for
                  China are also under investigation for the same illegal
                  trade with the Chinese Army. Motorola, Boeing, Loral
                  and Hughes all are pushing hard with a cash-advertising
                  blitz aimed at the public. Motorola, Boeing, Loral and
                  Hughes are all under investigation for illegal transfers.

                  The long list of documents also includes telling quotes
                  from many of the key players. For example, Loral
                  Defense President Jerald Lindfelt wrote Ron Brown,
                  complaining that the U.S. military blocked his export of
                  an advanced Synthetic Aperture Radar System to a
                  research unit of the Chinese army.

                  "We've worked hard trying to resolve these problems
                  with the Department of State, the Department of
                  Commerce and the Defense Technology Security
                  Administration (DTSA), but someone in these
                  organizations always manages to block our
                  participation," wrote Lindfelt.

                  Motorola's CEO Gary Tooker also wrote to Ron
                  Brown. Tooker, however, expressed Motorola's thanks
                  to Brown and President Clinton for helping out on a
                  Chinese deal.

                  "Dear Ron, I am writing to thank you and some key
                  members of the Commerce Department for your
                  assistance in obtaining the presidential waiver for
                  encryption export sales to China," wrote Tooker in
                  1995, after landing a $100 million dollar secure radio
                  deal with the Chinese People's Armed Police.

                  Keep in mind the People's Armed Police are not your
                  ordinary cops on the beat. The People's Armed Police
                  have unleashed tanks on unarmed demonstrators. The
                  People's Armed Police operate the Laogai prison
                  camps and execute dissidents for profit.

                  Of course, the People's Armed Police also enforce
                  China's one-child policy. Women without a license are
                  arrested, beaten, forcibly aborted, sterilized and often
                  raped by the People's Armed Police.

                  Even to this day, no one at Motorola will comment on
                  the $100 million sale to China. I can state with
                  documented proof that nine out of ten murdering red
                  Gestapo agents prefer Motorola over the next leading
                  brand.

                  I also know that if the Chinese People's Armed Police
                  needs a few more Motorola radios, they can always
                  murder another dissident for his body parts. Don't
                  worry about the blood on the money; no one at
                  Motorola will ask any questions.

                  During the interview, Harry Wu looked over several of
                  the documents, inspecting the Motorola letters and
                  noting his own personal memory of the People's Police
                  using Motorola radios.

                  "How did you get them?" he asked while looking over
                  the documents.

                  "Freedom of information," I replied. "Our government
                  has to respond. If they don't respond properly, I can
                  take them to court for civil fines ... even criminal
                  penalties."

                  "Novel concept this 'Freedom of Information,'" he
                  commented with a slight smile.

                  "Yes it is," I said proudly. "I suppose in your country I
                  would be in a prison camp for asking these kind of
                  questions."

                  "No," he said firmly. "You'd be dead."

                  Harry then looked me curiously in the eyes, as if he
                  were trying to see my next thoughts or watch me flinch.
                  At that moment I faced a personal choice, pursue the
                  Chinagate story or cover something less hazardous to
                  my health.

                  There are many things that can lure a man or deter a
                  man from seeking the truth. Odd though it may seem,
                  that day I suddenly discovered what America was all
                  about.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL