-----Original Message-----
From: yair davidi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Ed Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2000 11:50
Subject: Re: British Israelism

Question:
At 10:31 AM 5/29/00 -0700, Ed Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Shalom,
>Do you have a "statement" or information on how you differ from British
>Israelism?
>Thank you - Ed Miller

Answer:
1. See our official beliefs as listed at the end of this message.
2. History:
The idea that some of the peoples of western Europe are of Israelite origin
did not begin with British Israel which was founded in the 1800s.
British Israel did do much to promote the belief but it had been
known well before then. British Israel grew and was once very influential
and popular. Its adherents included monarchs, aristocrats, scientists,
painters, historians, mathematicians, soldiers, churchmen, etc.
Today it apparently numbers only a few thousand and young members are a
rarity.
Even so for many reasons the organization has a potential far greater
than its numbers would indicate.

Beliefs in Israelite Identity in western Europe however are widespread and
quite ancient:

Gildas in the 500s ce appears to have spoken of it in regards to the Celtic
(Welsh)
peoples of Britain.
The Goths in the 700s ce also held it.
Jewish sages such as Rashi in the 1000s CE spoke of it.
Irish legends dating from the earliest times hint at it
or take it for granted (see "Lost Israelite Identity").
John Sadler in the 1600s spoke of it in the British House of Commons
and also wrote a book on the subject.
The earliest historians of Finland say that their ancestors were Israelites.
So do 1700s CE historians of Sweden say the same for their people.
A History of Holland from the 1600s says the same concerning the Frissians
of Holland and the Anglo-Saxons. This sources contains historical
information we have verified.

These are sources that expressly speak of the matter but other sources
also imply the same.

We agree with British Israel in its original form.
We agree with much of the historical anayses of British Israel
though we have added to them and refined them.

At some stage in the 1930s some British Israel writers became anti-semitic.
Some also became pseudo-scientific and began accepting aspects of Biblical
Criticism
which is actually an anti-semitic hoax heavily influenced by a branch of
German ideaology. This sickness never affected all of British-Israel's
membership but some were influenced by it.

3.Ideaology.

We emphasize the truth of the Bible.
We utilize Jewish sources and believe in them. We
consider ourselves religious Orthodox Jews
and look at the subject from such a perspective.

British Israel does not.

We also believe we have proof that the Khazars were part of the Lost Ten
Tribes.
We identity certain historical peoples with the Tribes of Israel and these
identifications
of ours are not in about half the cases those usually accepted by British
Israel.

In the past some valuable research was done by British Israel writers
and we still on occasion refer to their findings.

British Israel today appears to emphasize political and Christian causes
and is not greatly concerned with "Identity" issues.

4. Anti-semitism: We are against anti-semitism and believe that a true
Israelite cannot be an antisemite though there may be exceptions
in some generations.

There are anti-semitic elements in British Israel which we reject.

In the past emissaries from Brit-Am in Israel made contact with
British Israel in London and Belfast after receiving an invitation from
them.
The Belfast section is (or was) very friendly towards us, a friendship which
is reciprocated.
In Canada too British Israel has been sympathetic towards us.
London is problematic though on a personal level has always been polite and
friendly
and they have recommended our books.

British Israel should not confused with some "Identity" groups in America.
In America exist "Identity" movements which are Nazi like and probably
unredeemable from our point of view. They must be considered as
enemy agents which in effect they are.
These groups are usually both anti-Jewish and anti-British.

On the other hand "British Israel" in Britain in my opinion
is redeemable and the anti-Semitic elements are only a small
minority.
I may be wrong.

Our approach to anti-semitism is that:
1. Some people will like Jews no matter what.
2. Some people will dislike Jews no matter what.
3. Some people will never form an opinion on the matter one way or other.
4. Some people are in between and will be influenced by the opinions of
others,
by propaganda, circumstances, etc.
Our impression is that most members of British-Israel in Britain are in the
categories
1,3,and 4 and therefore perhaps some time in the future a reconciliation
between Brit-AM (in Israel) and British Israel (in Britain) may be effected.

"Brit-Am Israel"

"Brit-Am Israel" at present is headed by Yair Davidy and by Rabbi Abraham
Feld.

Members of Brit-Am include Jews, Christians, and non-Christian Gentiles.
Membership is open to all.

The address of  "Brit-Am Israel"  is Yair Davidy, "Brit-Am Israel", P.O.B.
595, Jerusalem 91004, Israel.  The e-mail is : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"BRIT-AM ISRAEL" BELIEVES:

*  The Hebrew Bible is the message of God.

* The Bible has a message pertinent to all mankind. According to the Bible,
those who are
of Hebrew descent have a special role to play while a corresponding extra
commitment is
required of them.

*  Out of the original 12 Tribes of Israel Ten were lost. Two remained. The
present-day Jews are descended mainly from the two remaining Tribes of
Judah and Benjamin.

*  The Khazars were a Kingdom in southern Russia many of whose leaders
converted to Judaism. The Khazars were descended from the Lost Ten Tribes.
The Khazars were blood-relatives of the Picts who went to Scotland, and of
the Anglo-Saxons, and of peoples in Scandinavia.

· In addition to the Khazars, many other converts to Judaism through the
ages were descended from assimilated Jews or from members of the Lost Ten
Tribes. Similarly many of those who came as immigrants from other places to
"Lost Israelite" host nations were descended themselves from Israelites.

* Most of the Lost Ten Tribes migrated to Northwest and Western Europe and
their descendants are now in those areas or in North America, Australia,
New Zealand, and South Africa.

* We do not claim that all residents of the said nations are descended from
Israel. We do however affirm that most descendants of the Lost Ten Tribes
are residents of those nations. On the whole they are unaware of their
Israelite Identity.  Even so in the course of history the Israelite origins
of peoples in those areas have influenced national developments and
national characteristics.

*  The Tribe of Joseph was divided into two other Tribes: Ephraim and
Menasseh. People from ALL of the Israelite Tribes congregated in North
America but in general Menasseh dominates the U.S.A. Britain has
characteristics of Ephraim.

* Reuben was important in France, Issachar in Switzerland, Benjamin in
Belgium, Zebulon in Holland, Dan in Denmark, Naphtali in Norway, Gad in
Sweden, the country of Finland was influenced by the Tribes of Simeon,
Issachar, and Gad; Simeon, Dan, and Ephraim were important in Ireland.

* There is a need for the present-day  "Jews" of Judah and the Lost Ten
Tribes to recognize each other, and to work towards re-unification and
reconciliation.
The Bible says that such reconciliation has to take place and at some stage
will do
so.

* Proof exists confirming "Brit-Am Israel" Identity beliefs. Some of the
evidence has been presented in works by Yair Davidy such as "The Tribes"
(1993), "Ephraim" (1995), and "Lost Israelite Identity" (1996), as well as
in articles in our journal "Tribesman". Much additional evidence is
available and needs to be uncovered and published. Our sources include the
Bible, Talmud, Midrashim, Commentators, Classical Greek and Roman
historians, Chroniclers, Legends, Linguistics, Archaeology, and where
pertinent racial and other scientific studies.

· Even though much of the evidence has been revealed by ourselves it is
not ours alone. Our proofs have never been properly refuted. The basic
claims we have made are irrefutable. If one cannot deny our claims and
there is nobody else who can it follows that one should accept them. This
means that the identity of the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel with western
peoples should be acknowledged.  Once this acknowledgment is forthcoming it
is possible to discuss whatever practical conclusions need to be made.

· We need assistance in the way of contributions and/or  purchase of our
publications.  This is very important. We also need input in the form of
reactions, articles, and information.

# We would like people overseas to form their own groups parallel to our
own.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL