I already posted part 1 before and its on this url.

http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/

UNITED RELIGIONS (PART 2)

-----------

www.cuttingedge.org
>From Cutting Edge:

Now, the political United Nations has a spiritual equivalent, a New World
Order Religion, called "United Religions". The target date for full
implementation is the same year as all other New World Order target date,
2,000 AD.

The discussions that flowed from this assignment reflected our deepest
yearnings to live in a safe world that more nearly reflects the divine love
for every being; a world where people respect and honor each other, serve
the needy, and are caretakers of the earth and all its life; a world where
religion no longer leads to hatred and violence, but to dialogue, the
celebration of diversity, and cooperative action for global good.

[Note: Now, you have the word for which we had been waiting: "safe". Just as
the Bible foretells, this new United Religion is being advanced on the twin
themes of "Peace and Safety". The time is truly growing short] "The
conference didn't end with dreaming. The participants were challenged to
create a plan of action to help those dreams become a reality. That plan
includes an effort to create a vast network of support and guidance by
holding gatherings all over the world, in early 1997, to allow people from
different countries, cultures, religions, and educational, work, and
economic backgrounds to meet and help shape the vision of a United
Religions.

The voices, images, and commitments-to-action from these gatherings and
other outreach efforts over the next year will inspire the charter-writing
process to begin in San Francisco in June 1997." The most effective way to
achieve success in human endeavor is to set goals, called here "a plan of
action". But, to drive your Plan of Action forward, you also need to set a
timetable at which the various parts of your Plan can be expected to be
achieved. This is simply good principles of management.

Timeline for United Religions Initiative

Therefore, we find it highly significant that the leaders of this United
Religions Project have also created a "Timeline for UR 2000". We find it
even more interesting to notice that this religious timeline is for the year
2000, which is precisely the year at which the political and business plans
call for full implementation of their parts of the New World Order -- the
year 2000!!! Thus, like all good complex plans, their timing is identical!!
"

* July 1996 - 1997, the Initiative will engage in a global campaign using a
UR workbook, regional visioning conferences, and the Internet to enlist
input and support for the creation of a United Religions from leaders, on a
global and grassroots level, around the world.

* June 23-27, 1997, the Initiative will host a conference, in Stanford
University, California, for 100 delegates from the historic religions and
100 representatives of spiritual and other movements, to craft a
charter-writing process.

* June 1997-June 1998, conference participants will engage their own
communities in valuing progress to date, further refining the UR Vision and
purpose, and in determining what role they wish to play in the creation of a
United Religions by the year 2000. We imagine meetings being held both
within faith traditions, and among them and other stakeholders to gather
input for the charter-writing to begin in 1998.

* June 1998 - June 2000, the United Religions Charter will be developed and
revised through a series of annual June Charter-Writing Conferences. Between
conferences, drafts of the charter will be circulated globally for comments
and revision. Work to create a broader and broader network of participation
in the UR initiative will continue throughout the charter-writing process.

* June 26, 2000, the United Religions Charter will be signed, while a
walking pilgrimage for peace among religions takes place in villages, towns,
and cities throughout the world. Thus, in June 26, 2000, the United
Religions Charter will be signed, probably in Jerusalem, in accordance with
Bill Lambert's revelations, quoted above. It will probably be at this
Charter ceremony, in Jerusalem, that the Pope will announce that all world's
religions are one.
http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1094.cfm

Youth Global Network Symbol For New Global Religion

United Religions Initiative - Youth Global Network Symbol For New Global
Religion "Nearly 200 delegates wrapped up a week-long interfaith meeting at
Stanford on Friday, predicting they had given birth to a movement as well as
a spiritual institution: the United Religions. The 'spiritual United
Nations', as some have referred to it, would be a world assembly for
humanity's myriad spiritual traditions. The international 'summit
conference' brought together delegates from every continent to inaugurate
formal efforts to figure out the organization's structure and mission and
launch a charter-writing process. After several years of talking, the
initiative's planners had finally gotten down to business."

United Religions Earth Day 2000 - April 22 is the 30th anniversary of Earth
Day .

April 22 is the 30th anniversary of Earth Day . A URI Principle states We
act from sound ecological practices to protect and preserve the Earth for
both present and future generations. With this in mind, we support the
efforts to celebrate and raise awareness around Earth Day 2000 and encourage
URI supporters to participate in events in your area. June 2000 - This June
a truly global United Religions Initiative will be chartered. The URI
welcomes people of all religions, spiritual expressions, and indigenous
traditions to join in seeking a common ground of shared spiritual values and
cooperative action for a better world.
http://www.united-religions.org/newsite/index.htm

The Council for a parliament of the World's Religions (CPWR)

The Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions (CPWR) was delighted
to announce the convening of the 1999 Parliament of the World's Religions,
December 1 - 8, 1999, in Cape Town, South Africa. Nestled against Table
Mountain and overlooking the Atlantic and Indian Oceans, Cape Town is home
to many races, religious traditions, and cultural varieties.

At the 1999 Parliament, thousands of people came from around the
world-teachers, scholars, leaders, believers and practitioners-coming
together to experience astonishing spiritual and cultural variety, to
exchange insights, to share wisdom, to celebrate their unique religious
identities; in short, to be amazed, delighted, and inspired. At the same
time, participants wrestled with the critical issues facing the global
community, learning about the world situation, and seeking the moral and
ethical convergence that leads to shared commitment and action.
Council for the Parliament of the World Religionshttp://www.cpwr.org/

Mission Statement of The Interfaith Center of New York

Mission Statement The Interfaith Center of New York seeks to integrate the
sacred into our daily lives and to apply the wisdom and resources of the
world's religious traditions to issues of conflict in local communities and
among nations. The Center's interfaith programs focus on seven areas: public
education and educational materials for youth and adults; international
exchange; training in conflict resolution and mediation; spiritual, artistic
and cultural events; information and networking services and web site;
liaison with the United Nations and New York agencies; and an art gallery, a
gift shop and tourist information.

During its first year of existence, the Interfaith Center has begun work in
each of these program areas. In 1997, we sponsored and produced 16 events,
and already 22 are scheduled or have taken place in 1998 (with more in the
planning stages).

These include: the first Interfaith Service of Commitment to the Work of the
United Nations, honoring Secretary General Kofi Annan, cosponsored by 82
non-governmental organizations with participants representing 18 religious
traditions; performance of Rumi's poetry in word, music and dance, the
Danooch aboriginal story-tellers and dancers from Australia and the Tibetan
Lamas of Ganden Jangtse Monastery in music, dance, and story.

Our Conversations Series have examined such topics: The End of Absolutism,
The Spiritual Life of Children; Revisioning History through the Eyes of
Myth, and "Ahimsa – The Way of Harmlessness." The Season for Nonviolence:
Sixty-four days honoring the lives of Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King,
Jr. opened January 30th at the United Nations, with Jesse Jackson, Arun
Gandhi and others, before an overflow audience of over 2000; and closed
April 2, at St. Bartholomew's Church, attended by school children from 55 of
New York City's public schools.

In March, with a generous grant from the Anita Brill and Stephen Scheuer
Foundation, we held our first retreat to address specific contemporary urban
problems: The Rabbi Marshall T. Meyer Working Retreat on Social Activist
Practices assembled for two days a remarkable group of 57 religious and lay
leaders from many traditions. The retreat group has now become an ongoing
interfaith network of religious social activists addressing very real
problems in metropolitan New York.

Work on a web-site and many, many initiatives continue apace: educational
(including curriculum development and teacher and clergy training),
international exchange, cultural and United Nations events. It can be said
with pride that with the support and help of many, many friends and
organizations, The Interfaith Center of New York has been successfully
launched on a far-reaching and profound journey. With your continued support
we will continue with creative examination and progress toward ultimate
resolution of our multi-faith, multi-cultural local and global problems --
in 1998 and the years to come.
Mission Statement: http://www.interfaithcenter.org/MissionStatement.html

President's Statement The Very Reverend James Parks Morton

The Interfaith Center of New York, founded in January of 1997, is the
current incarnation of my life's work. It stands on a bedrock belief that
the strengths of the world's many religions are absolutely essential to
solving the very real problems of our planet. The catch is that these
various faith traditions neither know each other nor their amazing
strengths.

Our mission is to change this. It is no longer news that the world is in an
era of radical change, of metaphoric and real shrinkage, where few people
retain a pure genetic strain or remain through a lifetime in the same
locale. Our world today is nearly unrecognizable tomorrow and generations
last at most ten years. When I chose a spiritual path some forty-five years
ago, at the core of the call was the example of the French worker priests.

This extraordinary group of men lived among the poor and disenfranchised,
the victims of discrimination, and worked to empower their lives and future.
Thus, my life as an Episcopal priest began in the innards of Jersey City,
then a place of desperate poverty and urban desolation. It continued in
Chicago, as I headed the new national Urban Training Center, where religious
leaders of all stripes were trained to experience and understand city
dynamics and thereby help their flocks develop the skills to change their
own communities back home.

>From Chicago I was summoned in 1972 to the Cathedral of St. John the Divine
in New York City, the world's largest gothic cathedral, a grand space of
evolving beauty, an oasis in the midst of the inner city. In my 25 years as
dean, the cathedral became a great center of urban renewal and training,
innovator of programs which have served as models and pilot projects in many
other troubled urban areas: housing for the poor; resources for the homeless
and disadvantaged; youth advocacy and training; a center of the arts,
including leading a revival of stone-carving and masonry and apprenticeship
for neighborhood young people.

Our artists-in-residence brought the joys of great music and poetry and
dance to those who might not otherwise encounter them. But in terms of my
personal awakening, the Cathedral became my trans-formative crossroads -
just as the great medieval cathedrals once stood at the juncture of trade
routes, where West met East and South and North - and today, where Christian
could meet Muslim and Buddhist and Shinto and Jew. Very specifically, my
enlightenment was to ecology and to the connectedness of the total global
environment.

For me the amazing NASA photograph of our emerald and sapphire planet
against the dark infinity of space became and remains the new holistic
ecumenical icon for the 21st century. The world has simply been transformed.
Every thought, every land, every connection is not what it used to be. We
live on a globe where the majority of all people are in megacities like Rio
de Janeiro and Karachi and Kinshasa and so many more; where young people
under 18 are the growing majority. Where a person's symbolic world -- once
largely circumscribed by region or nation, or by one's own tribe, religion,
class or race -- today is defined by the globe as a whole, and by a
hodgepodge of wandering peoples.

For in the new everything, exile is a very common condition, with more than
50 million refugees living displaced from their homes. A corollary is the
new respect for indigenous "first" peoples, once called "primitive." We have
a new capacity to see the human species in a far larger configuration. The
view of homo sapiens as the apex of creation falls away to the vision of
humans as one interdependent (albeit dangerously powerful) presence among
many presences. Today, in recognizing the intimate connectedness of all
creation - in the revelations of contemporary physics and the global
immediacy of the internet - we the human species simply must acknowledge and
embrace the many rich sacred traditions our sisters and brothers have
uplifted in awe and wonder throughout the ages.

Upon my retirement from the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in 1997 I
founded the Interfaith Center of New York. "Interfaith" is the key, the name
and focus of our new organization, which looks to the strengths of the
world's many religions and faith traditions as the underlying means in
solving the planet's dislocations and uncertainties: inter-faith and
inter-dependence, leading to inter-action.

And New York is the key interfaith city that is home to more religions than
any other city in the world, host to the United Nations, and a leading
international hub of culture, communications and finance. In the Interfaith
Center we have begun a journey as new - and as old - as life itself. We are
committed to this pilgrimage and to each other. It is both the necessary
journey and also its happy destination. May 1998
The Interfaith Center of New York/President statement:
http://www.interfaithcenter.org/PresidentsStatement.html

The Interfaith Center of New York Homepage:
http://www.interfaithcenter.org/center.html

Interfaith Youth Corps-The role of youth in this new global force

Young adults have been an integral part of the growing international
interfaith movement. In June of 1999, a group of young people came together
to focus on the role of youth in this new global force. Through the
collaborative effort and support of three major interfaith organizations,
the Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions (CPWR), the Interfaith
Center of New York (IFC) and the United Religions Initiative (URI), a small
group of spiritually and culturally diverse people held a three day
conference. The idea of an Interfaith Youth Corps was born and the
groundwork for its operations was developed.
Vision: http://www.ifyc.org/vision.htm

Interfaith Youth Corps Home Page: http://www.ifyc.org/

Back to Religion Page

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL