If there are these creatures as you posit, then why is it that they have to have an
agenda?  It may be that there interaction with us is coincidental, or accidental, or
that the times that they actually DO things to us or with us it is the action of BAD
members of that race who are trying to get ahead in the world, much like humans
exploit other humans.  It could be cultural, or ritual as well.  Maybe we are the
subject of mythology in their culture, and they are merely trying to study us?

On Wed, 07 June 2000, "Robert F. Tatman" wrote:

> OK, I could have called them "infraterrestrials" or "metaterrestrials"
> instead of "ultraterrestrials."  All that I meant by using
> "ultraterrestrial" was that they would be just as much products of Earthly
> evolution as are human beings.  However, I've seen the term
> "ultraterrestrial" used to refer to a physical race of intelligent entities
> who, like humans, evolved on Earth, but in a radically different direction.
> Just what that direction was, remains to be seen.  My guess here is that
> they are essentially the same as the "fairies" (goblins, Heinzelmännchen,
> fée, etc.) found in every culture on the planet.  Sometimes they're
> worshipped as gods, ancestors, or both; sometimes feared as demons, incubi,
> succubi; sometimes, as in the Celtic countries, just plain *lived* with and
> accepted.  The one most significant difference between "them" and "us" is
> that they are able to project an image of themselves that  "casts a glamour"
> on human beings--that makes us see them as deities, or monsters, or space
> aliens, or UFOs, or superheroes, whatever is most appropriate to the moment.
> As to *why* they do this...ah, that is another question entirely.

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go