visit my web site at  http://www.voicenet.com/~wbacon

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 20:09:54 -0700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SNET: One You Can Take To Church Tomorrow...

->  SNETNEWS  Mailing List

Subj:   One You Can Take To Church Tomorrow...
Date:   6/10/00 11:56:06 AM CDT
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Beaver Cole)
To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would like to ask each of you to pass this message to your entire mailing
list.  I would like each of you to share this message with your religious
leaders and church members.  I would like for you to share this with your
family, friends, co-workers and business associates.   Please help us reach
every American and every house of worship in America. Take a copy of this
message to your place of worship and read it aloud for all to hear.  Make
copies for hand-outs and stand on the street corners and in the shopping
malls. This much you owe to God and America.  WAKE UP AMERICA!!!  Enough is
enough!  For more information please visit our web site at:
www.the-oil-patch.com

Respectfully,
Beaver Cole
The Oil Patch Newspaper
P.O. Box 9747
Longview, Texas 75608

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.the-oil-patch.com

________________________________

Go to:  http://www.whitehouse.gov/WH/New/html/20000602.html

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
(Berlin, Germany)

For Immediate Release

June 2, 2000

GAY AND LESBIAN PRIDE MONTH, 2000
*********
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Gay and lesbian Americans have made important and lasting contributions to
our Nation in every field of endeavor.  Too often, however, gays and lesbians
face prejudice and discrimination;  too many have had to hide or deny their
sexual orientation in order to keep their jobs or to live safely in their
communities.

In recent years, we have made some progress righting these wrongs.  Since the
Stonewall uprising in New York City more than 30 years ago, the gay and
lesbian rights movement has united gays and lesbians, their families and
friends, and all those committed to justice and equality in a crusade to
outlaw discriminatory laws and practices and to protect gays and lesbians
from prejudice and persecution.

I am proud of the part that my Administration has played to achieve these
goals.  Today, more openly gay and lesbian individuals serve in senior posts
throughout the Federal Government than during any other Administration.  To
build on our progress, in 1998 I issued an Executive Order to prohibit
discrimination in the Federal civilian workforce based on sexual orientation,
and my Administration continues to fight for the Employment
Non-Discrimination Act, which would outlaw discrimination in the workplace
based on sexual orientation.

Yet many challenges still lie before us.  As we have learned from recent
tragedies, prejudice against gays and lesbians can still erupt into acts of
hatred and violence.  I continue to call upon the Congress to pass meaningful
hate crimes legislation to strengthen the Department of Justice's ability to
prosecute hate crimes committed due to the victim's sexual orientation.

With each passing year the American people become more receptive to diversity
and more open to those who are different from themselves.  Our Nation is at
last realizing that gays and lesbians must no longer be "strangers among
friends,"  as the civil rights pioneer David Mixner once noted.  Rather, we
must finally recognize these Americans for what they are:  our colleagues and
neighbors, daughters and sons, sisters and brothers, friends and partners.

This June, recognizing the joys and sorrows that the gay and lesbian movement
has witnessed and the work that remains to be done, we observe Gay and
Lesbian Pride Month and celebrate the progress we have made in creating a
society more inclusive and accepting of gays and lesbians.  I hope that in
this new millennium we will continue to break down the walls of fear and
prejudice and work to build a bridge to understand and tolerance, until gays
and lesbians are afforded the same rights and responsibilities as all
Americans.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, WILLIAM J. CLINTON, President of the United States of
America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws
of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2000 as Gay and Lesbian Pride
Month.  I encourage all Americans to observe this month with appropriate
programs, ceremonies, and activities that celebrate our diversity and
recognize the gay and lesbian Americans whose many and varied contributions
have enriched our national life.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of June, in
the year of our Lord two thousand, and of the Independence of the United
States of America the two hundred and twenty-fourth.

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

-> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL