Hi -

  The extra books are "Apocryphal" books.  I found a website on the King
James Version and it says this:

"Although the writings known as the Apocrypha are often not included in
Protestant Bibles, they were translated and included in the original King
James Bible of 1611, and they are offered here for use by interested readers."

  It has the Apocryphal books I mention below as well as others that my Bible
doesn't have.  Here's the site.  The texts can be read in full.

  http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/kjv.browse.html

  This is what my Bible says:  [Square brackets are my words]

  "[These are] books which do not belong to the Hebrew Bible (although
several of them reflect a Hebrew or Aramaic origin) and which are part of the
Christian Canon ('deuterocanonical').  The Church [Catholic] regards these as
being inspired in the same way as the books of the Hebrew Bible."

  It lists:

    Judith
    Tobit
    The Book of Wisdom ('Wisdom of Solomon')
    Ecclesiasticus ('Wisdom of Sirach') [not to be confused with Ecclesiastes]
    Baruch
    Daniel [chapters 13 and 14 only]

  So, it was five books and two chapters only of a sixth book.

Samantha

----------
>    I don't subscribe to the Catholic belief system either, but the Catholics
>  kept five books that the KJ version eliminated.  I ignore the politics of
>  which books are better or more genuine, and just think they're quite
>  beautiful.  Also, I know what the standard definition of the Bride and
>  Bridegroom are.  I think most people do.
>
>  Samantha

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL