Preston:

This is a great catch! If it can be sourced anywhere it is very valuable.
Can you get a publication, author, witness? Anything that makes it useable
in a hard news story?

I am on deadlines and will be a poor correspondent for a while. One of the
things I am using for my next cover story on Colombia in an MS-NBC piece
showing that the Russians are flying big Ilyushin transports directly into
FARC held territory after a single refueling stop in Lebanon. The transports
are offloading weapons and filling up with cocaine which the FARC have
allegedly taken as taxes to protect the traffickers in the regions. The huge
ILs are capable of landing on pretty crappy runways. Remember that taxes are
usually not in the form of US dollars to FARC. Taxes are usually a
percentage of the drug straight off the top that FARC takes. They get cash
too but they also handle the drugs.

There are no saints in Colombia.

If the story you were sent can be sourced and made credible it is very
important.

One things is certain, just about everybody who has guns to sell is selling
them into Colombia right now. It's gonna blow big time.

Mike Ruppert
www.copvcia.com
www.suppressedwriters.com