>From the New Paradigms Project [Not Necessarily Endorsed]:

From: Ian Goddard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:      Freedom Activist Dead
Date: Friday, June 16, 2000 12:54 PM

  Even as research continues to show medical potential
  for constituents of cannabis, such as THC, which has
  been (http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=9257)
  shown in two studies to fight tumors, the author and
  freedom activist Peter McWilliams was arrested for
  using cannabis to treat AIDS in a state that voted to
  legalize the medical use of cannabis. Not deterred by the
  people's call for nonaggression, the federal government
  initiated aggression against McWilliams anyway. Now, the
  terrible news is that while awaiting sentencing, Peter
  died, apparently drown in his own vomit. Cannabis is a
  anti-nausea agent that allows cancer and AIDS patients
  to keep their medicine down. He was denied an effective
  remedy that worked and died apparently as a direct result.
  Just another of the countless victims of the War on Drugs.

http://www.norml.org/news/index.shtml#story1