[Remember this, i.e., Janet Reno's alleged cult quotes??  I
always assumed them to be real, too.  --MS]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 08:20:59 -0700
From: "Scott Jordan (c/o Yahoo)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Are you a cultist?

Sorry, Howard, it is with mixed emotions that I must tell you:
this quote is bogus, an urban legend.  I got taken to the
woodshed by no less than Joe Farah for putting it on my web page
a couple years ago.  Farah researched it thoroughly and among
other problems, there's the one that Reno had never appeared on
60 Minutes.

The frightening thing is that it's so believable.  That alone
says volumes about America in the 21st century.  I have no doubt
that this is an accurate representation of the views of many in
this Administration, and many--even a majority--in the country.

--Scott J.