GAS PRICES: SOCIALIZE COSTS & PRIVATIZE PROFITS

Call it a tax hike, call it what you like,
but what is REALLY happening is the simple SOCIALIZE
COSTS & PRIVATIZE PROFITS two step.

We are paying extra at the pump to cover bad
investments, it is that simple...  Our FASCIST
STATE is in control, and this is how they raise money
when they need it, i.e. taxes are already WAY high, so
this is just one other way to raise cash.

Clinton approves
oil-price hikes

Official: Administration backs
increases to help Russia,
Indonesia, Mexico, Iran

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_smith_news/20000509_xnsof_clinton_ap.shtml

-------------------------------------------------------By
Charles Smith
2000 WorldNetDaily.com

Oil ministers from OPEC nations have quietly told
national security advisors on Capitol Hill that the
oil production cutbacks -- and resulting price
increases -- are being implemented at the request of
the Clinton administration on behalf of Russia,
Indonesia, Mexico and Iran.

Russia, Mexico and Indonesia are reported to be
directing their increased oil profits toward paying
back overdue Western loans. According to one
government defense adviser, the windfall profits are
part of a larger scheme to use the American public to
pay off failed and corrupt investment schemes in the
three countries.

"The American public is paying off bad loans to bad
countries made by bad bankers," stated the national
security adviser.

The largest Middle Eastern oil producers reportedly
agreed on the cutback of oil production in order to
increase income for weapons purchases. Several oil
states have announced major weapons buys from the
West, including a recent multi-billion-dollar purchase
of Lockheed/Martin F-16 fighter jets.

"Iran is also trading oil to China in exchange for
missile technology," stated the national security
adviser.

The gas hike has raised several concerns about the
Clinton energy policy and U.S. national security.

In recent years, OPEC has flooded the market with oil,
lowering prices worldwide. The lower prices, according
to Denise Bode, a commissioner on the Oklahoma
Corporation Commission, were designed to discourage
investors in U.S. domestic oil production, maintaining
a world monopoly for OPEC.

"The OPEC cartel clearly understands that the Clinton
energy policy is based on instant gratification,"
stated Bode, "seeking low gasoline prices and ignoring
future consequences with a foreign cartel in charge of
our national energy resources.

"In 1997, OPEC acted to consolidate the American
market by sending much cheaper oil, dumping it at
historically low prices. The most significant energy
policy initiated by the Clinton administration is a
4.3 cent increase in the gasoline tax," said Bode.

"Another 30,000 Americans have lost their jobs.
Domestic oil production has moved from holding steady
to a 5.4 percent decline. Even though OPEC has
recently cut back production and raised the price of
oil to $30 a barrel, there has been no increase in
domestic production."

"It's very clear what OPEC should do if they want to
retain control," stated Donald Hodel, former secretary
of energy and secretary of interior during the Reagan
administration.

"Periodically, they should announce they are going to
produce excess volumes of crude oil. The announcement
itself will scare away some capital investment from
new production. Secondarily, if that doesn't work, and
from time to time to prove their point, they would
have to overproduce, drive the price down
dramatically, so that marginal wells in the United
States will be shut down and new investment will be
shut down worldwide."

According to Hodel, the "green" movement has combined
with OPEC to "erect straw arguments" against the U.S.
energy industry.

"I've never met anyone who said I want to breathe
dirty air or drink polluted water," noted Hodel. "Yet,
the green movement has succeeded in using clean air,
clean water and garbage control as a means to seek
de-industrialization in the U.S."

"The problem is that the schools have been captured by
the flaming environmentalists," noted Hodel. "We are
not doing a decent job of getting the educational
establishment to acknowledge the facts about the
importance of energy production to our economy.

"If we were rational about our energy policy, we would
have a growing component in our society of nuclear
power. The people who fought nuclear power have
successfully stopped coal. They are now turning toward
natural gas and oil. We made the point over and over
that offshore drilling is less of an environmental
hazard than transporting imported oil by tanker."

Hodel concluded, "Our dependency on foreign oil
affects our national security and our environment."

-------------------------

Read Buy some gas, bomb a village to read what Al Gore
said in debate with Bill Bradley.

A<>E<>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Integrity has no need of rules. -Albert Camus (1913-1960)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said
it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your
own reason and your common sense." --Buddha
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
information and ideas through any media and regardless
of frontiers." Universal Declaration of Human Rights
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway
Forwarded as information only; no endorsement to be presumed
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.