-----Original Message-----
From: BELOUGNE Dominique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Suppression de la liste des destinataires <Suppression de la liste des
destinataires>
Date: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 2:55 PM
Subject: International Gathering in Paris (Building a World of Citizens)

La Grande Halle de la Villette, Paris
30 November-2 December 2000

Building a World of Citizens
One Year after Seattle
International Gathering in Paris

The Seattle summit a year ago was a turning point and a springboard. A
turning point, because it revealed a new capacity at a global level to
oppose a process that many considered unstoppable. A springboard, because
it enables us to set other dynamics in motion.
Headed together down this road, in the diversity of our beliefs and
mobilisations, we are motivated by the importance of the necessary work:
inventing alternatives to the current, neoliberal form of globalisation and
translating these alternatives into concrete proposals.
Our task is an urgent one. The commodification of every area of life, in
every nook and cranny of the planet, is leading to devastation that we
cannot accept.
We have come together in a collective made up of 10 organisations,
foundations, grassroots movements, journals and newspapers, and we are
taking an initiative to invite all the discontented, indignant, even
rebellious people in the world who are looking for other possibilities for
human development, whether their particular approach is to regulate,
humanise or go beyond capitalism. In short, we are inviting everyone who is
trying to invent a different future, obviously through a variety of forms
of philosophical, political and civic involvement.
This diversity of individual contributions will allow this gathering to be
a fruitful one, to be a decisive moment in the post-Seattle period, and to
push forward a peoples' counter-offensive against neoliberalism, through
the connections we make and the richness of our discussions and
contributions about possible alternatives.
As mobilisations grow, we are called upon to take the initiative in putting
forward proposals.
See you in Paris, so that we can share our experiences and ideas on how to
build a democratic world of citizens.

Actuel Marx, Attac, Cimade, Copernic, Espaces-Marx, Jean Jaurшs Foundation,
Friends of Le Monde Diplomatique, League for Education, Globalisation
Observer, Christian Witness.

I want to get information above the preparation and the programme of this
meeting
Name : e-mail :
Adresse : zip :             country :
Please return to :
Secretarait de la Rencontre Internationale,
64 Boulevard Blanqui,
75013 Paris. -
www.postSeattle.org       e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Invitation_ang.rtf