===========================
The Committee for National Solidarity
Tolstojeva 34, 11000 Belgrade, YU

>The Ottawa Serbian Heritage Society
>3662 Albion Rd. South, Gloucester, Ontario, K1T 1A3,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>PRESS RELEASE
>REMEMBERING KRAJINA
>
>       Join us in  commemorating ethnocide and genocide committed on Serbs
in
Krajina , Bosnia and Kosovo.
>        August 4th is Krajina Dan, the Memorial Day for Serbian Krajina.
This commemorates the day that Knin, the capital of the Serbian Krajina
region, fell to invading Croatian forces in 1995.  Croatia continues to
occupy the region today and of more than 250,000 Serbian people whom the
Croatian Army either killed or ethnically-cleansed out of the region in
August, 1995, the number who have returned is virtually zero to this date.
Every August 4th a Krajina Dan Memorial is held to remember the victims of
this genocide.  This year's program is:
>         Memorial Prayer Service and a wrath laying at the Human Rights
Memorial, Elgin and Lisgar streets, at  6:00pm - 6: 30pm.

>For further information pls. contact Mrs. Radmila Swann
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

>Slobodanka Borojevic, president
>The Ottawa Serbian Heritage Society
>
>As Croatian troops launched their assault on August 4 , 1995, U.S.  NATO
aircraft destroyed Serbian radar and anti-aircraft  defenses. American EA-6B
electronic warfare aircraft patrolled the air in support of the invasion
>The roads were clogged with  Serb refugees, and Croatian aircraft bombed
and strafed refugee columns....
>A Red Cross  representative in Banja Luka said, "I've never seen anything
like it. People are arriving at a terrifying rate." Bosnian  Muslim troops
crossed the border and cut off Serbian  escape routes. Trapped refugees were
massacred as they  were pounded by Croatian and Muslim artillery. Nearly
1,700 refugees simply vanished.  (3). ....
>Massacres continued for several weeks after the fall of  Krajina, and UN
patrols discovered numerous fresh  unmarked graves and bodies of murdered
civilians. (7)...
>UN spokesman Chris Gunness noted that UN personnel  continued to discover
bodies, many of whom had been  decapitated. (8) British journalist Robert
Fisk reported the  murder of elderly Serbs, many of whom were burned alive
in  their homes. He adds, "At Golubic, UN officers have found  the
decomposing remains of five people... the head of one of  the victims was
found 150 feet from his body.  (11)...
>Following the invasion of  Krajina, the U.S. rewarded Croatia with an
agreement  "broadening existing cooperation" between MPRI and the  Croatian
military. (18) U.S. advisors assisted in the  reorganization of the Croatian
Army. Referring to this  reorganization in an interview with the newspaper
Vecernji  List, Croatian General Tihomir Blaskic said, "We are  building the
foundations of our organization on the  traditions of the Croatian home
guard" - pro-Nazi troops in  World War II. (19) ...

> This study is based on a paper presented in book "NATO in the Balkans"
(ISBN 0-9656916-2-4), pages 131 - 140.
>http://www.reagan.com/HotTopics.main/HotMike/document-5.13.1999.8.html

Secretary General
Mrs. Jela Jovanovic