----- Original Message -----
From: "daniel hopsicker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 6:41 PM
Subject: [CIA-DRUGS] Re: king of cocaine--this is the main line.

"roberto suarez supplied barry seal's dope.

you can trace it backwards or forwards, but this IS the main line.

ollie north's fingerprints are all over bolivia."

And Colombia.  The Salvadoran phone records of the Grasheim safe house
revealed regular daily and weekly calls to Oliver North’s and George Bush’s
offices in the White House.8 The Bush office had to confirm, since it couldn
’t hide, that Rodriguez had been a frequent visitor of both Gregg and Bush
at the White House for high-level confabs with Steele, North and others.9
Castillo’s prostitute informants at the safe house described many
all-nighters  “doing cocaine, having sex, and shooting rifles” with Contra
pilots, government officials  - and Oliver North.
Tim Ross, the BBC’s correspondent in Colombia for twenty years, revealed
that “In late 84, early 85, North brought five Afghani military advisers to
Colombia on a speaking tour, three left, two stayed. The two that stayed
were chemists who introduced heroin manufacturing to Colombia. He also
brought in an Israeli agronomist who helped to cultivate opium poppies.”
Ross was summoned to the US Embassy in Bogotá and told, “You’re going to lay
off this story or you are going to die” by an “ex-marine, the type of guy
who used to cut Vietcong throats with his thumbnail.”  Ross, who knew he had
BBC clout,  ran the story anyway.

Dan Russell
www.kalyx.com
www.drugwar.com

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Brian Downing Quig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does everyone remember the words of Suarez Gomaz, I assume the same
person, the
> week that he fell out with the US government?  He said it was the
US state
> department that was the real king of cocaine!
>
> Brian
>
> Dan Russell wrote:
>
> > Los Novios de la Muerte were originally the private army of the
Bolivian
> > cocaine cartel, which was headed by Roberto Suárez, financier
of
both Hugo
> > Banzer and Suárez Mason.  Roberto Suárez, the King of
Cocaine,
was the
> > primary supplier of coca paste, from his vast coca fields in Alto
Beni, to
> > Colombia's Medellín cartel.  He was the grandnephew of
Nicolás
Suárez, the
> > late-nineteenth century rubber baron who controlled an incredible
16 million
> > acres of tropical forest, an area the size of Ireland.  For
Roberto Suárez,
> > then, coca paste was  just another traditional agricultural
product.  The
> > King of Cocaine may be dead, but Banzer, and the army that ran
the CIA's
> > Cocaine Coup, still controls Bolivia.
> > Dan Russell
> > www.kalyx.com
> > www.drugwar.com

Date=072200&ID=s829433&cat=

> > > 'King of Cocaine' dies of heart attack
> > >

> > > Associated Press -
> > >

> > > LA PAZ, Bolivia _ Roberto Suarez Gomez, a drug trafficker who
called
> > himself
> > > the "King of Cocaine" and claimed to be the model for a
character in the
> > > movie "Scarface," has died from a heart attack, his family
said. He was
> > 68.
> > >
> > > Suarez Gomez, who died in the city of Santa Cruz on Thursday
night, was
> > > released from prison in 1996 after serving almost nine years
for drug
> > crimes.
> > >
> > > By his death, most of his vast fortune had dissipated and the
one-time
> > drug
> > > lord said he was repentant.
> > >
> > > Suarez Gomez played a major role in the expansion of cocaine
trafficking
> > in
> > > Bolivia, and gained notoriety in 1983 when he offered to pay
the country's
> > > foreign debt of $3 billion with proceeds from drugs.
> > >
> > > Suarez Gomez was born into a prominent ranching family. He
became involved
> > in
> > > cocaine trafficking in the mid-1970s and said he became a
millionaire in
> > > seven months. He later said he had accumulated $40 million from
cocaine.

> > > Suarez Gomez was also one of its main supporters of a military
regime that
> > > held power from 1980 to 1982, and he helped finance it.

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
</FONT><A HREF="http://click.egroups.com/1/6628/6/_/475667/_/964657682/"><B>Click
Here!</B></A>