http://www.fatemag.com/articles/roswell.htm

Roswell UFO Bombshell

by Jim Keith

[Jim Keith was famous as a conspiracy theorist. This article was
submitted to FATE as one of the last things he wrote before dying
in a freak accident at this year’s Burning Man Festival.]

My source on the following story has asked me to be very vague in
my description of him. He describes himself as “a longtime
researcher/instructor of engineering at a school in New Mexico.”
I know specific details of his professional work, as well as the
names of his own sources for the following information, but he
has asked me not to mention them because of potential problems
involving security clearances. Speaking with me recently, he told
me about his knowledge of what actually took place in Roswell,
New Mexico, in July 1947-an event which has been alleged by many
researchers to have been the crash of an alien spacecraft. His
information is gleaned from conversations with others in the
engineering field and in the military who were living in or near
Roswell at the time. I realize that without identifying my
source, the following information is rendered suspect; with that
in mind it may still open up new areas of research that will
crack the Roswell case. Here is the gist of what he told me:

World War II was over, and America had a secret to conceal.
Although the government said there were 500 atomic bombs in the
military’s arsenal, that was a lie. There were none that were
considered reliable. Due to a number of factors-corrosion of
parts kept in storage, batteries that didn’t work, faulty
initiators, and other reasons-there were no usable nuclear bombs
in American military stockpiles. After the end of the war, the
operational team in charge of the nuclear arsenal had also been
dispersed, many of them going to other jobs, and some leaving the
military altogether. In short, there was no real nuclear
deterrent against the Soviet threat, and members of the American
government and military who realized this were terrified that the
Soviets would find out.

The American brass sought to remedy the situation. As part of
this fix, testing of nuclear delivery systems was moved during
1945 and 1946 from Wendover, Utah, to the 509th U.S. Army Air
Force Bomb Group unit in Roswell, New Mexico. At the time,
Roswell was the center of much secret testing, including the top
secret balloon program Project Mogul, and “non-critical” testing
at the Trinity blast site. One job that was given to the 509th
was the operational testing of nuclear bombs, including
fine-tuning the ability to hit targets accurately.

Another secret: According to my source, military bombers were
notoriously unreliable in hitting targets, sometimes missing
their mark by as much as half a mile. It was given to the 509th
to improve that record, and to make it possible to deliver bombs,
particularly nuclear bombs, with greater accuracy. “Live” as well
as “dummy” bombs were flown in from Sandia to Roswell, where they
were tested and used in target drops.

It was in this environment that the most famous of all UFO
stories was born. According to my source, the true story behind
the alleged UFO crash was that there was an accident involving a
B-29 flying from the Army Air Force Base in Sandia (Albuquerque)
to Roswell. From the statements of men in the military who were
there at the time, my source states that either an atomic bomb or
what is termed a “bomb shape,” or “test shape,” the shell of a
nuke lacking explosives and atomic capability, and sometimes
filled with concrete to add weight, was accidentally or
purposefully jettisoned above Corona, New Mexico, directly on the
flight path between Sandia and Roswell. Along with the bomb,
metal foil used for radar jamming, termed “chaff,” may have also
been dropped.

The accidental dropping of a nuclear weapon would surely have
been cause enough for a cover-up. If this information had leaked
to the public, there might have been an extremely negative
reaction.

As an aside, my source mentioned that either an armed atomic bomb
or “test shape,” flattened by impact with the ground, could have
looked like a squashed disk.

For more of Jim Keith's "Bombshell," get yourself a copy of the
January 2000 FATE!!

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.