[Almost thru with my delinquent email:)  --MS]

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff

For the story behind the story...

Thursday July 27, 2000; 6:28 PM EDT

Hillary Ally Smears Bob Barr with Love Child Charge, Threatens
Retribution

A key New York state ally of Senate candidate Hillary Clinton
tried to smear one of the leading proponents of her husband's
impeachment during a Thursday afternoon radio interview - then
threatened revenge against the interviewer who broadcast his
comments.

During a debate with WABC-NY's Sean Hannity and "Hillary Trap"
author Laura Ingraham, New York State Attorney General Elliot
Spitzer claimed that Georgia Congressman Bob Barr had once
fathered a child out of wedlock.  Spitzer later admitted he had
no evidence to back up the charge.

SPITZER: When I was down in Congress recently, I had to sit there
and see Congressman Barr, who is the hypocrite of all hypocrites,
sit there and talk about (unintelligible).  Here's a guy who has
a child out of wedlock, who wants to impeach the president,
because the president didn't live up to Bob Barr's moral
standards.

HANNITY: I never heard that story about Bob Barr.  Are you sure
you're talking about the right congressman?

SPITZER: Yes, I am.  This is...

HANNITY: Wait a minute, whoa.  Then you're breaking news here
today.  Have you ever heard that, Laura?  I've never heard that.

INGRAHAM: No

HANNITY: Are you sure you're not smearing him?  Have you read
some false talking points?

SPITZER: Well, this is what I was told.

Minutes after the interview, in which Spitzer tried to paint Bush
vice presidential pick Dick Cheney as a right-wing extremist, the
top New York lawman called Hannity's producer Eric Stanger to
complain off-the-air that he was treated rudely.

"He said he's going to 'use his capacity as Attorney General'
against you," Stanger told Hannity.

"I'd like to know what that threat means," responded the talk
host.  "It's not my fault that he embarrassed himself on this
radio show."

"Is he going to arrest you?" Ingraham chimed in.  "I think it's a
misuse of office to take action against individuals who are not
accused of any wrongdoing."

Spitzer was elected attorney general in 1998, when Mrs.  Clinton
came to the state to campaign on behalf of then-Democratic Senate
candidate Charles Schumer.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.