From: alt.activism

So you think you won't be affected 'cause you don't owe child
support...

Think again.

The Owellian Noose Tightens

According to Representative Ron Paul's aide, Norman Singleton,
the House is scheduled this week to vote on the Child Support
Distribution Act of 2000 sponsored by Republican Rep. Nancy L.
Johnson.

http://www.house.gov/nancyjohnson/

This act will tighten the Owellian noose created by the
Republican Congress under their "Welfare Reform Act" of 1996.
That Act amended 42USC 666, so as to create a network of linked
databases designed to allow authorities to monitor each
individual's every action; all accomplished through use of social
security numbers.

For example, the 1996 act forced all employers in every state to
report to the National Directory of New Hires the names, wages,
addresses, and social security numbers of each newly hired
employee. It forced each licensing agency in every state to
collect the social security numbers of all applicants for all
licenses, permits and certificates. It required banking and
financial institutions to provide, and transmit to the state all
customer account information, linked with each customer's social
security number. The Act required that passports must be denied
to anyone charged with owing back child support payments. It
required employers to act as the state's enforcement arm by
forcing them to garnish the wages of obligees. It also required
the IRS to deduct unpaid child support amounts from tax refunds.

This newest act will now expand that dragnet by granting to
private entities access to the same centralized databases of
information originally reserved to state and federal agencies.

The purpose of the Child Support Distribution Act is to create a
"bounty hunter" mentality with regard to child support
enforcement. It will provide for the establishment of private
enforcement goons whose business will be to track down delinquent
parents and force them to pay up. The intent, at least initially,
is to authorize private collection agencies to use information
generated by the states in locating individuals owing past-due
child support.

When the 1996 Welfare Reform Act was first being considered, all
assurances were given that "only authorized government agencies"
would have access to the massive amounts of personal data they
would be collecting. Of course, no one in their right mind
believed that.

The next step in the Orwellian scheme -- after this present bill
is approved -- will be to expand the enforcement mechanisms still
further. Soon thereafter, these same "locating and tracking"
databases to be used to locate any and all "suspects" or "created
criminals" who try to alluded authorities or escape their due
punishment.

Think about the scope of this dragnet. All license information
(including marriage, driver, business, occupational, recreational
licenses) will be linked to all banking and financial account
information, which is linked to tax records, which is linked to
all employment information (including address and wages or
salary), which is linked to all registration information (such as
automobiles), which is linked to passport information. And now,
under this bill, all of the above information will be available
to private entities which will act in partnership with government
as their paid enforcement arm.

What more could Hitler have dreamt of?

---

You can look up the bill here if you've got the stomach:
http://thomas.loc.gov/

Search for 4469 or 4678 (both of which appear to be virtually
identical with only minor differences).

                      *  The Activist  *
      http://get.to/activist  *  http://activist.cjb.net

 This is not about the world that we inherited from our forefathers,
     It is about the world we have borrowed from our children !!

*** NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving
the included information for research and educational purposes. Feel free to
distribute widely but PLEASE acknowledge the source. ***
The end is in the means as the tree is in the seed.
- Mahatma Ghandi
Abraham Lincoln, letter to Wm. F. Elkins  Nov. 21 1864
Arthur Shaw ed.  The Lincoln Encyclopedia  40  {1950}

"We may congratulate ourselves that this cruel war is nearing
it's end.  It has cost a vast amount of treasure and
blood.........It has indeed been a trying hour for the
Republic, but I see in the near future a crisis approaching
that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety
of my country.  As a result of the war, corporations have been
enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will
follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to
prolong it's reign by working on the prejudices of the
people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the
Republic is destroyed.  I feel at this moment more anxiety
for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the
midst of war."
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/smilinks/thirdeye.html