WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

Dear Brigade,

"When Foster finished her remarks, Buchanan, grinning,
moved to the microphone and snapped: "And the press says
I'm hard core...."

Brigade, when you read the following column it is important to
remember that when the press says the Reform Party has
"split", it is not at 50-50 split.  Only about 30 NatCom
members walked out of the NatCom Meeting -- they were
members of the Crew.  The Fulani-Verney-Hagelin Convention
was filled with Natural Law Party members -- NOT
REFORMERS.

Germond and Witcover are correct.  Ezola Foster is (and has
been) with PJB on our issues -- 100% with us.  Gore-Clinton
have much to worry about. But so do Bush-Bush.  Their
greatest fear is that all Americans -- no matter what their
background -- will hear the message of Buchanan-Foster.

And they will.
FTC-Linda

-------------------

CongressDaily  - National Journal
08-14-2000

Pat's Party: Bad News For Al Gore?
Jack Germond and Jules Witcover

LONG BEACH- What happened here at the Reform Party
convention is not the best of news for the Democrats gathered
for their own convention up the Harbor Freeway in Los Angeles.

With Pat Buchanan and his militant "brigades" storming
the barricades of Ross Perot's old party and pulling off a
bloodless but divisive coup d'etat, Vice President Al Gore
probably has more to worry about from a third-party threat now
than Republican nominee George W. Bush does.

The Reform Party convention was such a fiasco that
Buchanan, a former Republican, stands far less chance of
eroding the Bush vote. Green Party nominee Ralph Nader, by
contrast, may make inroads into Gore's liberal support.

The remnants of the old Perot forces, still focused on such
traditional reform issues as trade, overblown government, and
campaign finance law, split off and nominated their own
candidate, physicist John Hagelin, maintaining that they are
the real Reform Party. They are asking the Federal Election
Committee to give their nominee, not Buchanan, the $12.6
million federal subsidy that's in play because Perot won 8
percent of the popular vote in 1996.

But even if Buchanan gets the money-a prime reason he
abandoned the GOP-the Reform Party is now less a vehicle for
effective political protest because of what his foes call, not
unreasonably, his hijacking. With Perot himself not lifting a
finger to defend his party, only a miracle will hold the splintered
party together until Election Day.

Buchanan, in his zeal to put his ultraconservative stamp on the
party-stressing such social issues as abortion, school prayer,
and the like-has essentially driven a stake into the heart of
what Perot set out to build in 1992. Buchanan is so intent on
remaking the party in his own image that he even picked an
ideological clone as his running mate.

Instead of throwing a bone to those old party members who
reluctantly accepted his candidacy-choosing someone known
for his or her support of Perot-like reformist issues-he jammed
Buchananism down their throats.

His choice, 62-year-old Ezola Foster, who would be the first
black woman on a "major party" national ticket, as he straight-
facedly put it, marches lockstep with him on his social agenda.
She was a co-chairman of his campaign for the GOP
nomination last year and abandoned her old party as he began
his pursuit of the Reform nomination.

She actively supported California's Proposition 187, which
would have denied public schooling for children of illegal
immigrants. In accepting Buchanan's offer to be his running
mate, she vowed to combat "illegal immigration and open
borders," observing that "we want to continue to be
compassionate, but we want to stop being stupid." When
Foster finished her remarks, Buchanan, grinning, moved to the
microphone and snapped: "And the press says I'm hard core."

Foster's selection was only one step Buchanan took to
underscore that the Reform Party under him will focus on the
so- called social issues, not the economic and political
changes that Perot pressed for in high-water days. Rather than
pushing his most dogmatic views on the Reform Party
platform, he simply issued a "statement of personal belief,"
declaring that "social and moral decline and cultural
decadence go hand in hand with the death of republics." He
attacked all forms of abortion and "rampant homosexuality,"
and vowed as President to appoint only anti-abortion Justices
to the Supreme Court, to end all federal financial support for
abortions and fetal tissue research, and to allow no special
rights for gays and keep them out of the military.

In his acceptance speech to what he called "the last red-meat
convention in America," he served up plenty of his own brand.
His anti-abortion views received equal billing with his
protectionist call against having working families "sacrificed to
the gods of the global economy."

In some limited ways, he did line up with the old Reform Party
agenda, as in vowing to "outlaw the glorified bribery they
call 'soft money' " and to impose term limits on every member
of Congress and federal judge. But with a characteristic
Buchanan touch: "If eight years was enough for George
Washington and Ronald Reagan, it is long enough for Teddy
Kennedy and Barney Frank."

Whether these shared views are enough to keep some old
Perot supporters in step with the "Buchanan brigades" is
questionable. The new leader dubbed his campaign "the
French Foreign Legion of American politics," saying "We don't
care what party you come from, where you've been, or who you
are running away from." And he welcomed everybody who is
"for America first, American sovereignty, traditional values, faith
and family and  country."

Buchanan will need all the recruits he can get if he is  to meet
his immediate objective of reaching 15 percent in the polls and
qualifying for the fall's presidential debates-a highly unlikely
prospect. In what is surely an unintentional consequence of his
takeover of the Reform Party, George W. Bush may be
breathing a bit easier. At the same time, Al Gore must keep
watching Ralph Nader over his shoulder, especially in
California,  where Nader could give Bush a shot at this critical
state.

http://nationaljournal.com/pubs/congressdaily

--------  end  --------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T H E   I N T E R N E T   B R I G A D E
Linda Muller - WebMaster
Post Office Box 650266, Potomac Falls, Virginia 20165
Email: http://www.buchanan.org/form-contact.html
Web: http://www.buchanan.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have You  O F F I C I A L L Y   E N L I S T E D  Yet?
http://www.buchanan.org/form-enlistment.html

A vote for Bush or Gore is a vote to continue Clinton policies!
A vote for Buchanan is a vote to continue America!
Therefore a vote for Gore or Bush is a wasted vote for America!
Don't waste your vote!  Vote for Patrick Buchanan!

Today, candor compels us to admit that our vaunted two-party system is a
snare and a delusion, a fraud upon the nation. Our two parties have become
nothing but two wings of the same bird of prey...
Patrick Buchanan