Subject:            Anthony Apanovitch and Justice Denied
Date sent:          Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:29:13 +0100

Please look at this edition of Justice Denied. these people have helped Kenny
but more than that Anthony is in same prison and has evidence of innocence.
he needs help badly as does an inmate named John Byrd.  Both need help. In
helping these men you will be helping Kenny. they are further on in
appeals...........if they lose we have a bigger fight on out hands.

Karen

http://www.edinburghnews.com/
vote for retrial for Kenny here

http://members.tripod.de/kennyrichey/
All Links to campaign sites

Greetings, Friends and Readers of JD:

Our new issue is ready. See <A HREF="http://www.justicedenied.org/">Justice
Denied -- The Magazine for the Wrongly Convicted</A>
(http://www.justicedenied.org/)

There are two debut articles by Dr. Susan Sarnoff, the Tijerina story, as
well as her article on compensation for the wrongly convicted. For a story of
false accusation, see the Joseph Lavigne account. Tijerina is also a sex
case. For you who are interested in the issue of DNA tests, see the Larry
Youngblood and Crosley Green accounts.

We have a fascinating lineup of other stories and features. I especially draw
your attention to "Inside the World of Darlie Routier." The line between good
and evil runs through the heart of every person.

I also call your attention to the update on Lerlene "Shasta" Roever --
someone our family knows and whom we've tried to help. If you have any ideas
to help this wronged woman, you may contact me.

Our stories this month include,

Anthony Graves -- The confessed murderer says Anthony is innocent. "It was me
and me alone. Anthony Graves had nothing to do with it. I lied on him in
court. Anthony Graves don't even know anything about it." --Robert Carter,
the confessed murderer.

Anthony Apanovitch, Mentioned in the last two issues of JD, still needs your
help.

Inside the World of Darlie Routier Enter the World of Darlie Routier -- a
world where good and evil dwell as friends.

Tests Could Prove Innocence of E. Wayne Felker, Executed in 1996.

Ron Tijerina -- In Defiance/Of Justice. In Defiance County, Ohio, the recipe
for injustice may have been easy to mix. Only one judge, one part-time
prosecutor, prejudice, a naive defendant, lack of good counsel, and a sex
crime to boot, resulted in the perfect ingredients to wrongly convict Ron
Tijerina.

Jason Barber, FREE at Last. After serving three years of a thirty-five-years
prison sentence, Jason Barber walked out of the Upsur County Justice Center a
free man.

An update on Roy Criner, free at last through DNA, and a Bush pardon, will be
available later, today or tomorrow.

Ex-CIA Agent Framed by the CIA and Federal Prosecutors The strange case of
former CIA agent Edwin Wilson provides a rare proof of the legal and moral
corruption pervasive throughout the U.S. Department of Justice and the
shortage of compassion endemic in the federal judiciary.

The Case of Joseph Lavigne, Wrongly Convicted of Raping His Five-Year-Old
Daughter. The Lavigne family is literally torn apart while the real rapist
roams free.

Hell Hath No Fury. On June 18, 1980, Robert J. Kubat was sentenced to death
for a crime he did not commit. Nine years later, his death sentence was
overturned. One year later Bob was re-sentenced in Lake County to 60 years
for the charge of murder. He is scheduled for release in 2009, at which time
he will be 74 years old.

RUSH TO JUDGMENT After serving seven years for a crime McFarland pleaded
guilty to, McFarland wanted to put his past behind him but that wasn't to
happen.

Mark Woodworth: A Juvenile Railroaded Despite an unbelievably shaky case,
Mark Woodworth was convicted in May 1995 and sentenced to 31 years in prison.
Four years later, a new jury returned an identical guilty verdict, but
imposed an even heavier sentence -- four life terms.

Citizens United for Alternatives to the Death Penalty (CUADP) Seeks Innocence
Cases. See advertisements for details.

Updates Available:

1. Lerlene Roever (Shasta) Update: Bereft, More Alone Than Ever.
2. Texas Death Row Inmate Hank Skinner's Case Raises Questions.
3. DNA test does not rule out death row inmate was at murder scene. An update
on the Crosley Green case. Original story follows.

Feature Articles:

Rally For a Moratorium on Federal Executions.

Why Justice Denied Magazine is Important: A Historical Perspective. Justice
Denied is the first regularly published magazine to focus on the pervasive
problem of wrongful convictions in the United States. A few courageous
people, however, preceded Justice Denied by writing books and articles
disclosing the prevalence and tragedy of wrongful convictions. These pioneers
deserve to be recognized; they laid the foundation for understanding how
wrongful convictions occur. (A Hans Sherrer special)

Compensate the Unjustly Convicted by Dr. Sarnoff. On December 9, 1998, the
New Zealand Ministry of Justice instituted a system to compensate people
whose convictions of crimes had been overturned on appeal. This
precedent-setting act went completely ignored by the American media.

This month in Voices Behind the Bars, we have creative writings by two women
deeply affected by wrongful convictions. They are not prisoners but their
voices still need to be heard. How Many? By Gaynell Kendrick and The Barrier,
A Short Story by Elouise Lord

Map of the World -- Reviewed by Hans Sherrer

Justice Denied's Regular Features:

Visit Snapshots--The Wrongly Convicted in the News. This month you will read
about an innocent minor on death row, Larry Osborne and how DNA evidence
finally freed Larry Youngblood.

Directly from the desk of Clara Thomas Boggs Two editorials this month:
Status of our Grant to Publish and Convergence of Planetary Powers for
Justice?

Updates: Please read the Lerlene Roever, Hank Skinner and Crosley Green
updates in this issue.

Letters To The Editor -- Send JD a letter for possible future publication.

Free at Last is about the relatively small group of people who finally
achieved the goal of freedom from the wrongs they suffered. Jason Barber is
Free At Last.

Profiles: Champions of the Innocent. Anyone can be a champion for someone who
was wrongly convicted. One law school teacher involved his students in
freeing several wrongly convicted people. A young boy who was moved by the
book Rubin "Hurricane" Carter wrote, set in motion the effort which resulted
in Carter's freedom. Anyone is a candidate for CHAMPIONS ... even YOU. Let us
hear of any champions you know about.

Snapshots: The Wrongly Convicted in the News. The news in this spot is fresh
for the day or week. Check here frequently to see what is happening.

Heroes At The Bar: Justice Denied honors those who distinguish themselves
above others and who fulfill our collective ideal of what it means to be an
advocate. These are people who have not sought the limelight, but just did
what was right.

Advertise in Justice Denied. Exciting developments for Justice Denied will
let you reach new people with your advertisement. Special rates only for this
introductory offer. We reach larger audiences with each month's issue. Get in
on the ground floor! We always give breaks to those who first believed in us!
Your ad in JD is a fine way to support our efforts and to let others know of
your stand for justice. Please visit Justice Denied's Advertisers.

Also see:
Archives -- All previous issues of Justice: Denied.
Archived Snapshots
Previous Stories of The Wrongly Convicted in the News
Archived Voices From Behind the Bars

Justice Denied has joined the associate team at amazon.com. What that means
is that if you purchase anything from amazon.com, Justice Denied will receive
a percentage of the purchase price. Justice Denied will use that money to
help the wrongly convicted.

Clara A. Thomas Boggs
Editor in Chief and Producer of Justice Denied

_________
EcoNews Service - Alternative News: Ecology, Consciousness & Universe
Politics
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
USA       http://www.earthradioTV.com/index2.html
CZECH   http://mujweb.cz/www/ecologynews/