The Book of Revelations says this world takeover is the point of the One World Religion - and the One World Economy.  The idea is to draw a line, either one is for Christ or against him.
----- Original Message -----
From: nessie
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] [prj] Re(2): [CTRL] U.N. Set to Impose "One World Religion"

[EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:

>And by the way, it was the Roman Catholic Church in particular - and not
>Christianity as a whole - that has attempted world conquest.

Christianity did not attempt to conquer the world. It is important to
avoid confusing the religion with its practitioners. They are two
different things. Christians, or at least people who called themselves
Christians, attempted to conquer the world. Personally, I think they're
not real Christians. Real Christians follow Jesus, not Christianity. What
we call Christianity is really Paulism. It's not what jesus practiced.
It's not what Jesus taught. Jesus himself was adamantly opposed to
imperialism. This is why the Roman empire executed him.

Protestants tried just as hard, if not harder, to conquer the world as did
Catholics. Ask any Indonesian or any Native North American. Ask some
Hawaiians. Ask some Irish. In the New World at especially the Protestants
were far, far crueler than Catholics. The Spanish enslaved the Natives.
The English tried their level best to exterminate them.

That, of course, does not excuse the ongoing ambitions of the Vatican, far
from it. It's a major world power. It's no better than the rest of the
major world powers, especially when it comes to the money. But we must
take care to distinguish the Vatican from the Church, the Church from the
religion, and all three from the practitioners. Otherwise, we will end up
condemning a fifth of humanity for the deeds of a few hundred. There's a
world of difference between the Calvis, the Gellis and the Sindonas of
this world and the folks who cook lunch at the Martin de Porres soup
kitchens.

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance-not soap-boxing-please!  These are
sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'-with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright frauds-is used politically by different groups with