In a message dated 08/30/2000 3:31:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 "Let me clearly state the U.S.  Army Field Artillery School is
 nearing an unready state for training artillery soldiers," Gen.
 Stricklin wrote.

 A spokesman for Army Training and Doctrine Command, which
 oversees the training centers and collected the readiness
 reports, declined comment yesterday. "We have no comment at all
 about leaked material," said spokesman Harvey Perritt.

 Generals who run the centers complain of inadequate funding,
 equipment and instructors.  Their stark messages are contained in
 memos to Training and Doctrine Command in the latest readiness
 reports available for this year.  Final reports are due after the
 fiscal year ends Sept. 30.  All schools were projected to
 continue operating at low levels >>

I spent a lot of years with the military, and I hate to be the one to tell
you, but poor training ability and policy has very little to do with funding.
 There are far too many generals in the U.S. armed forces, and they have all
been mismanaging the situation far too long.  Prudy