Dossier # 1: Stanley S. Arkin

The Narco News has launched its “Who Runs América?” Investigation on the
fine upstanding and moral people who brought us Plan Colombia, the $1.3
million dollar US military intervention purportedly to fight against drug
trafficking.

The “Who Runs América?” Investigation seeks information about New York
attorney Stanley S. Arkin, senior partner of Arkin Schaffer & Kaplan LLP.

We seek more background information on the details of the following matters.

Please send documents, links, leads and analysis to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A.  Arkin’s Role as conduit for $200,000 in espionage monies to spy on New
Jersey gubernatorial candidate James Florio, on behalf of Democratic primary
candidate John S. Corzine (Source: NY Times, May 30, 2000)

B.  Arkin’s role as attorney for assassinated business magnate Edmund Safra,
killed in 1999 in Monaco while under US DEA investigation for drug money
laundering (Source: Newsweek International, December 13, 1999)

C.  Arkin’s role as attorney for Allen D. Fiers, Iran-Contra witness who
later pled guilty to lying to congress on US-approved cocaine trafficking to
aid the contra counterinsurgency (Source, NY Times, September 15, 1991)

D.  Arkin’s role as attorney “of counsel” in the Brown and Williamson tobacco
industry lawsuit against Jeffrey Weigand (subject of the film “The
Informant” with Al Pacino) (Source: Jefferson Circuit Court complaint)

E.  Possible role of Arkin in insider trading operations regarding Igene
Biotechnology, Inc. (100,000 shares, March 6, 2000, Proposed Sale (Form 144)
of Restricted Shares. Estimated proceeds of $57,000) and of  Authentic
Fitness Corp. ASM (2,600 shares, December 15, 1999, Other Disposition at
$20.80 per share). (source, Yahoo Insider Trading search; on this matter we
also seek assistance in understanding why these transactions are classified
as “insider trading”)

DISCLAIMER: This is an investigation in progress and will draw no
conclusions until we publish our results on The Narco News Bulletin,
http://www.narconews.com/

>From somewhere in a country called América,

Al Giordano
publisher