From
http://www.newsmax.com/moneynews/preciousmetals.shtml

}}>Begin

Clinton’s Legacy: The Dangerous Decade
Blanchard Economic Research Unit
Tuesday September 12, 2000
NEW ORLEANS, L.A., September 12, 2000 (Blanchard Economic Research Unit)
When most of us think of financial centers, we think of places like New York,
London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and perhaps even Washington DC and Silicon Valley.
But over the next 10 years there are some place names that may have an even
greater affect on your investments. Places like the Taiwan Strait, the Spratly
Islands, Pyongyang, Kashmir, the Strait of Hormuz, Kabul, Johannesburg, the
West Bank, Chechnya, Bogota, and even outer space.

Many Americans have their heads buried in the sand. While they "surf" the
internet for the latest online investment craze, trouble is brewing in the
world. Trouble is brewing out of sight and out of the minds of Wall Street
pundits, Washington politicians, and the so-called "mainstream" news media.
Although it may not seem that way now, if you own a home or have any
investments, events halfway around the world will have a dramatic impact on
your life.

The Forgotten Dimension

Ask yourself, how will the markets react and what will happen to your
investment portfolio if:

> China launches a ballistic missile strike on Taiwan?
> North Korea launches a surprise attack on South Korea?
> India and Pakistan have a nuclear exchange?
> Iran shuts down the Strait of Hormuz with a cruise missile strike?
> South Africa plunges into civil war?
> Russia becomes dominated by a nationalistic, totalitarian regime?
> Terrorists conduct a biological warfare attack in a major city?

Any one of these events could result in political and economic chaos.

The Center for Security Policy and the Blanchard Economic Research Unit have
teamed up to create an important publication: Clinton’s Legacy: The Dangerous
Decade. CSP’s scholars have identified the threats and the Blanchard Economic
Research Unit outlines the economic implications and offer specific portfolio
diversification recommendations to help you weather the coming storm.

Make no mistake. Turmoil, tensions and even outright war are very real
possibilities in the coming years. The Clinton Administration may be nearing an
end, but years of neglect of our armed forces and ill-advised foreign policy
decisions will haunt us into the 21st century. Our nation better be prepared.
And individual investors better be prepared also. Precarious global financial
markets could convulse due to political and economic conflict that is simmering
below the surface even now.

The Center for Security Policy is one of the national security world’s most
respected think-tanks: it is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that
informs the world about all aspects of national security, notably those
policies bearing on the foreign, economic, and financial interests of the
United States.

Order Clinton’s Legacy: The Dangerous Decade now and consider it an urgent
warning. You get access to this cutting-edge expertise for just $12.95!

America Sleeps

The collapse of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact was supposed to bring an
end to the never-ending line of crises that was known as the Cold War. But,
unfortunately, the world has only become different, not safer. Meanwhile, the
Clinton administration has been asleep at the wheel, allowing America to become
vulnerable. The Dangerous Decade explains exactly what threats do exist,
threats that the liberal news media is covering up to help Al Gore get into the
White House.

The world in the next decade will be fraught with uncertainties of new and
troubling dimensions. The national security issues facing America are already
evident in trends and indicators. How the U.S. responds to these challenges
will determine our domestic quality of life as well as world economic and
political stability.

Specifically, The Dangerous Decade explores 8 challenges to U.S. national
security which will severely impact the world economy and financial markets in
the years to come:

1.Weapons of Mass Destruction--The Dangerous Decade includes straightforward,
in-depth analyses of the Rumsfeld, Cox and Deutch Reports on proliferation
issues, as well as the CIA's own recent Intelligence Estimate on nuclear
weapons. The spread of weapons of mass destruction--and ballistic missile
delivery systems--has already altered the world's security calculus. How will
the financial markets react to being potential nuclear hostages to rogue states
and madmen like Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong Il and Moamar Qaddafi?

2.Troubled Behemoths—-The Dangerous Decade details how Russia, China, India and
Indonesia are all in various stages of change beset with internal factional,
ethnic and religious struggles and financial disparities. Together, they make
up half of the world’s population. Instability in these nations has
implications for the entire world.

3.Drugs, Thugs and Plagues--Narco-states, syndicates and kleptocracies threaten
states and world systems. Terrorism in all its varieties--conventional,
chemical, biological, radiological, and cyber-based--will have cross-cutting
effects around the globe. The Dangerous Decade identifies threats you never
heard of before.

4.Systems, Supplies and Structures--The majority of the world's key mineral
resources are located--and/or transit--in areas of current or projected
instability (Middle East, Caucasus, Central Asia, Africa) producing the real
possibility of shortages and crises. Meanwhile, 95% of the world's population
growth is taking place in Third World countries, a strain that could eventually
lead to migration/refugee problems and epidemics for the First World.

5.Chaos: More Than a Theory--Potential adversaries, be they terrorist
organizations or rogue nations, have a growing ability to produce chaos for the
United States, and we have an ever-lower tolerance threshold for such events.
The chaos can come in the form of economic, political and military activities--
even all three at once. Learn how in The Dangerous Decade.

6.Information and Space: Securing the Insecurable--Increasingly major portions
of military, civil and commercial systems rely on space-based technology.
Potential adversaries such as China and Russia, and others, have active space,
anti-space, and space denial programs underway. This brings a new level of
political and commercial insecurity to a heretofore military mission. The
Dangerous Decade explains why this vulnerability is perhaps the least addressed
major U.S. security and intelligence issue.

7.Latin America--Threats are metastasizing in Colombia and Venezuela. The
persistent success of narco-guerilla enterprises, and any further reversals of
democracy in the region, will sharply impact already fragile structures in
Latin America. Central America's fledgling democracies could revert; the
immigration, infrastructure and security costs for the U.S. would be huge.

8.Africa--HIV infection rates of 25% and higher in many major countries will
reverse the marginal gains from market reforms and debt forgiveness. Fights
over food and water will continue and the predators of international organized
crime, terrorism, and Muslim fundamentalism will further expand activities into
weak-state areas including Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and other U.S. trading
partners.

In short, The Dangerous Decade unmasks the nonsense that passes for
conventional wisdom in the “mainstream” press and looks directly into the
future to help you protect yourself against these possible events.

Why should you care about what happens thousands of miles away? After all, the
U.S. is the world's only superpower and Wall Street investment gurus claim that
international tensions only represent investment opportunities, not threats.

Here's one good reason: take a lesson from history. The Yom Kippur War of
October 1973 between Israel and the Arab world sent the world into the worst
economic crisis since the Great Depression. On October 5, 1973, the day before
the war broke out, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stood at 947. One year
later, it had lost 40% of its value, falling all the way to 587. The Arab Oil
Boycott, which was a direct result of the war, led oil and gas shortages
throughout the industrialized world. The U.S. economy was beset with high
unemployment and double-digit inflation. It took nearly a decade for the stock
market to fully recover.

What else happened on the first day of the Yom Kippur War? The price of gold
exceeded $100 per ounce for the first time in history and nearly doubled over
the next year.

Could it happen again? Read Clinton’s Legacy: The Dangerous Decade and judge
for yourself. If you value your financial security and independence…if
protecting your family’s lifestyle is worth just one hour of your time…then
call 1-800-880-4653 immediately and order this landmark report.

The world is changing. Just as the Arab-Israeli War, the Iranian hostage crisis
and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan racked the financial markets in the
1970s, world crisis will impact the financial markets during the first decade
on the 21st century. And it is not enough to just react to these crises.
Dangerous Decade forecasts the trends that are shaping the future now and then
provides recommendations so you can prepare for them in advance.

Those who fail to foresee the shocking events that are detailed in The
Dangerous Decade, could see their wealth shrunk overnight. When crisis hits,
the Wall Street pundits will scramble in shock to react to events. By then the
damage will already have been done. You see Wall Street is so mesmerized with
the dot-com craze that they don't believe that national security and foreign
affairs matter. That was true yesterday; it won't hold true tomorrow. How will
they react when modern China is transformed from today's emerging market
opportunity into tomorrow's menacing threat to world peace?

The information contained in The Dangerous Decade simply is not available
anywhere else. You certainly won't hear about it from today's liberal media.
The Dangerous Decade gives you access to the uncensored truth behind tomorrow's
headlines.

The Center for Security Policy and the Blanchard Economic Research Unit have
combined their networks of worldwide confidential sources to help ensure that
you are not blindsided by unexpected developments that could affect your
investments, your businesses and your family's future. With The Dangerous
Decade, they have written a report that gives you an astonishing preview of
historic events to come.

Be sure to claim your copy by ordering today. It will be your investment
reading experience of the year. If you choose to act on the warnings contained
in The Dangerous Decade, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are
prepared to protect and preserve your wealth in the earth-shattering changes
coming in the new millennium.

You can order this report by visiting http://www.clinton-legacy.com. Or even
faster option is to call Blanchard and Company at 1-800-880-4653. The choice is
yours, but do not delay.

As an added bonus, with the purchase of The Dangerous Decade, Blanchard and
Company will provide you with a 1-year subscription to the Blanchard Economic
Research Unit's Market Alert newsletter—absolutely free! Market Alert is the
Unit's bi-monthly report and analysis of the economic and geo-political trends
that affect the investment markets. You won't find a better source for this
kind of high-grade, in-depth investment analysis. When you purchase The
Dangerous Decade, you will automatically receive the next 6 issues of Market
Alert, absolutely free. We urge you to order now. Call 1-800-880-4653 to order,
or visit the report web site at http://www.clinton-legacy.com.

Copyright (C) 2000 Blanchard Economic Research Unit All Rights Reserved

End<{{
A<>E<>R

Integrity has no need of rules. -Albert Camus (1913-1960)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The libertarian therefore considers one of his prime educational
tasks is to spread the demystification and desanctification of the
State among its hapless subjects.  His task is to demonstrate
repeatedly and in depth that not only the emperor but even the
"democratic" State has no clothes; that all governments subsist
by exploitive rule over the public; and that such rule is the reverse
of objective necessity.  He strives to show that the existence of
taxation and the State necessarily sets up a class division between
the exploiting rulers and the exploited ruled.  He seeks to show that
the task of the court intellectuals who have always supported the State
has ever been to weave mystification in order to induce the public to
accept State rule and that these intellectuals obtain, in return, a
share in the power and pelf extracted by the rulers from their deluded
subjects.
[[For a New Liberty:  The Libertarian Manifesto, Murray N. Rothbard,
Fox & Wilkes, 1973, 1978, p. 25]]