from:
http://www.newsmakingnews.com/
Click Here: <A HREF="http://www.newsmakingnews.com/">NewsMakingNews Secret
Connections Covert Operat…</A>
-----

LESSONS FROM LUCE AND GOEBBELS.
by R. Bednorz © 2000
DEAR NEWSMAKINGNEWS:

I notice you're knocking USDOJ and Reno with one hand and banging away at
the Cheney -- PERMINDEX -- Freeport Sulphur connection with the other.  Focus
on the latter.  Since December 3, 1998, Reno and DOJ have been  pursuing
evidence sufficient to have Pinochet extradited to the US for  purpose of
standing trial in the still-open Sept. 21, 1976 car-bombing of  Orlando
Letelier and Ronni Moffitt at Sheridan Circle, Washington, D.C. Chilean
Embassy location ]

The complete pursuit of the Letelier bombing tracks through Michael Townley
and CIA-controlled Cuban exiles back to (now-deceased former CIA )-- you
guessed it -- David Atlee Phillips.

Bush Sr.  could be held accountable for obstruction, perjury, and  misprision
of a felony.  Kissinger also, as an accessory before the fact.

While the Intel agencies could pursue their long-standing pattern of
"containing" scandal that tracks back to them, this case, together with the
appeal proceedings in Houston, TX, for Edwin P. Wilson and other litigation
might provide the best public window into the last 37 years of our history.

America needs a litigious showcase to widen consciousness to what is  really
important, rather than the intelligence-instigated inquisition of  the
President over the last seven years  [ for appointing the ARRB, obtaining
legislation requiring a document declassification process in the  Intel
agencies, and thus opening a window that points back to the conspiracies in
the JFK, King, and Letelier murders. ]  The three-ring
impeachment circus only served to drag the Presidency and the Constitution
through a trail of elephant dung.

Thanks for posting the story on Cheney.  Also, stay on top of forthcoming
release-date or other information  concerning www.thirteen-days.com

RB

DEAR RB:

Thanks for the excellent insights.  Can I publish this as a letter to
NewsMakingNews?
Do you have any URL or site reference about Reno REALLY trying to extradite
Pinochet? I am very interested in David Atlee Phillips and Freeport Sulphur.
Do you
know about Frederick Von Bodungen of Louisiana? Thanks for reading NMN.

NewsMakingNews

DEAR NEWSMAKINGNEWS:
Of course you can publish my letter.  As for the Letelier-Moffitt case, I
direct your attention to the USDOJ web-site.  I stumbled onto this while
surfing through the CIA web site, and I made some casual queries about Dave
Phillips, which led me to remarks about their "Chile De-Classification
Project."  That, in turn, pointed to USDOJ.

Look under press releases and "speeches" by the Attorney General starting
December 3, 1998.  More information about the case pops up in a release of a
press-conference dated March 23, 2000, and more recent information has been
printed on BBC and other web-sites as late as August of this year.

Reno has been very tight-lipped:  "I cannot comment on a pending matter [Mar.
23]" .  Later,  in August, when questioned about the Chilean Parliament and
Supreme Court deciding to repeal Pinochet's exemption from prosecution
written into their Constitution and whether it would adversely affect the
thrust of Reno's grand-jury and the investigation in Chile, she stated that
the investigation is continuing, and she didn't foresee how these new
developments would affect it.

Washington Post, as of March 28, suggests that an extradition is "not too
likely".  But given Buffone's efforts on the parts of the three families
(Letelier, Moffitt, Tarpon), and Reno's tight-lipped persistence in
continuing the investigation, one wonders if this discounted estimate
reflects someone else's agenda or wishes for the case.

The first three links below are USDOJ "weekly media briefings."  They are a
bit long, so I suggest searching them for the words Letelier, Chile, and
Pinochet, respectively.  So far, we know that a grand-jury has been meeting
for several months.  This was the recommendation of Donald Freed's 1980 book
"Death In Washington:  The Murder of Orlando Letelier."  I suggest you reread
that book, as time permits, for its insight into the clandestine-CIA/media
nexus that continues from the JFK assassination through Watergate and the
Chilean coup, through Letelier-Moffitt and Iran-Contra.  Then of course,
there is my theory as to why the inquisition of the Clinton administration
costing $50 million.   While perhaps the President trivially deserved to have
his character "assassinated," neither the cost nor the failures of Ken Starr
make any sense, until one examines the background events and news of the last
decade. Understanding the 91 JFK Records Act, Bush's stonewall and Clinton's
earnest efforts, the ARRB, the
legislation authorizing regular document declassification processes in the
intel agencies -- it all makes sense.

Bush was handed the Records Act mandate during his term in office.  He
stonewalled the board appointments; and when he left office, he stole the
list of candidates -- at least that's what I was told by responsible
assassination researchers.  Clinton had to start from scratch.  He requested
a new list, and he appointed the ARRB.  Slowly, small AP releases began to
appear in newspapers here and there around the country.  The
intelligence-Mafia-Cuban-exile cabal of ZR/RIFLE; plots to assassinate
Castro.  Falsification of autopsy evidence in the Warren Report; Gerald
Ford's statements about the position of Kennedy's back wound.  Oswald's 201
file and its strange history.   Not too long after the ARRB appointments, the
mantle of special prosecutor was handed from Fiske to Starr, and the
inquisition began.  Whitewater -- strike 1; Travelgate -- strike 2; Vince
Foster and the proliferation of rumors and innuendo about Clinton's role in
Foster's death -- foul ball;  Scaife and Starr's Pepperdine U job-offer --
concede the game; and finally, Monica Lewinsky -- home run.   There was no
"conspiracy" here by legal definition, but a network of conservative lawyers
connected Starr with the Paula Jones attorneys.  It began to look like a
legal chess game.  The investigation itself precipitated a legal-two-step of
an equivocation and a possible lie; accusations of perjury made headlines.
We usually think of legal investigations as
activities which follow a crime, but in this case, the investigation came
first.

In September, 1998, the ARRB released its final report, together with tens of
thousands of additional documents, and disbanded.  Coincidentally, that was
the same month that Congress voted to impeach.  The following month, Clinton
signed the CIA Re-authorization Act of 1999 -- nothing to be surprised about,
since it was an annual budget document -- but it also specified a new name
for the Langley Headquarters -- "The George Bush Center for Intelligence."  [
See the CIA web-site ]

In the ARRB Final Report, in Chapter 6, which lists information about "people
connected in one way or the other with the assassination and investigation,"
is a rather long paragraph, with a bold-print heading "George Herbert Walker
Bush."   It summarizes the story about the phone-call to Hoover before the
assassination; the ARRB's search among CIA personnel records; its discovery
of a low-level clerk at Langley in 1963 named "George Bush;"  ARRB
conclusions from interviews and cross-checks of the clerk's assignments and
testimony that this second Bush could not have been the one making the phone
call; and finally, the discovery of a page from Allen Dulles' calendar,
containing the entry of an appointment with "Major General George Bush" in
1962.   The Report then explains the ARRB's search of Pentagon records,
turning up no record of such an officer before, during or after the
assassination.   It then states:  "We marked the page of Dulles' calendar an
'assassination record.' "

We know that, in addition to the burglaries of Tad Szulc's home, Daniel
Ellsburg's home ( who, by the way, released a version of NSAM 263 in "The
Pentagon Papers"), and the Watergate, E. Howard Hunt, Frank Sturgis, and
various Cuban-exiles also burglarized Orlando Letelier's office and stole a
list of leftist Allende supporters -- precipitating many of the
"disappearances" in Chile.  Phillips -- together with Michael Townley --
organized the vicious and insidious propaganda and civil disorder campaign in
Chile, provoking  a coup that would have never occurred by itself.
 Later, Phillips acquired Letelier's briefcase after the bombing, distributed
materials to his friend Buckley and others in the media, who then proceeded
to spread misinformation about the bombing to disassociate the CIA from DINA
and steer suspicions away from DINA.  Townley was convicted of constructing
and planting the bomb under Letelier's car, with a few Cuban-exiles.  He
received a light sentence.

The Records Act forced the government to release unredacted the NSAM 263 and
McNamara / Taylor Vietnam Trip Report to NARA and the public.  Now we can be
absolutely certain, without further argument, that 59,000 Americans were
butchered needlessly in Vietnam and as a direct result of the 1963
assassination.  Who do those facts threaten?  Who stands to lose by the
declassification of documents?  Who has the connections and resources to
besiege the White House with litigious peril over six or seven years?
Sources to look at:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/speeches/1998/dec0398.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/speeches/2000/32300avail.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/speeches/2000/081000agavail.htm