-Caveat Lector-

From: "William Shannon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> And these fools are people taking Anton LaVey's sarcastic and (mostly)
> tongue-in-cheek books literally...

True.  Also many of them -- especially adolescents and teenagers playing around with
what they THINK is
'Satanism' -- utilize bits and pieces from bad Hollywood movies and TV productions
they've seen over the
years...perhaps throwing in a bit from the Necronomicom (which is as much a 'con' as
LeVey's books)...

> The difference between "satanism" and Wicca are as vast as the difference
> between black and white...and to lump these two together is akin to lumping
> all Christians in with the flat-earth/creationist pinheads.

But just as the Roman Catholic church demonized the dieties of the earth-based
religions they found in the
countries the RC church took over, we still find today the brain-dead fundies
erroneously equating Wiccan
goddesses such as Hecate and Diana (the moon goddess, not the late princess) with
Satanim...

June