A. Saba
Dare To Call It Conspiracy

Title: Alan Keyes to give election eve speech on C-SPAN

Alan Keyes
Alan Keyes to give
election eve speech
on C-SPAN

TIME: October 28th, 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific Time

WASHINGTON--C-SPAN is slated to show "America's Unity Call" by former U.N. ambassador Alan Keyes this Saturday, October 28th. The speech was filmed by C-SPAN on September 22nd in Orem, Utah, during the state's Constitution Week celebration. It will be broadcast at 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific Time, as part of C-SPAN's American Perspectives series.

The speech is the first major political address Keyes has given since he dropped out of the Republican presidential race in July.

Before an audience that included many in Utah's Republican Party establishment, Keyes delivered a passionate plea to candidates and voters to "temper their best hopes" while making the preservation of America's freedoms their top priority.

Said Keyes, "We are in the midst of the crisis of this republic, and we cannot afford to shirk our responsibilities. . . . Vote wrongly now, fail to step forward now, and the time is already here when we shall lose [our liberty] forever."

Keyes added, "Nor can we afford to believe that if we can't have it all today, we should opt out and wait for something better--because it doesn't work that way." He appealed to citizens to set aside any disappointment with their choices and support those who "share the fire in the American breast for the preservation of our liberty."

"Even though we may not be 100% happy with everything we see, we will understand the challenge before us," he said. "I know for a fact that we are far worse off in terms of the moral future of America because people chose Bill Clinton over Bob Dole--Bill Clinton over George Bush."

Keyes summed up his point this way: "Before we can triumph, we must survive. Before liberty can prevail, the possibility of liberty must be preserved. . . . Shall we hand off the future of America once again to those who have already tried to strike death blows against its heart, against its conscience, against its national security, or shall we work hard to make sure that that opportunity for destruction is taken out of their hands?"

Keyes was introduced at the speech--which drew 2,000 Republican faithful--by Utah's Governor Michael O. Leavitt and Senator Orrin Hatch.

The program will be rebroadcast at 11 p.m.

To verify broadcast times in your area, go to C-SPAN's website at www.c-span.org

NOTE: The speech will be webcast at a later time. Revisit this website for details.

Unedited VHS copies of the speech are available for $25.
Send checks to Keyes Speech, P.O. Box 50898, Provo, UT 84605-0898