-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 10/26/2000 3:21:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< When I give a speech about the big-picture political and cultural ideas in
my
 book The Future and Its Enemies, the question and answer period almost always
 starts with a  down-to-earth query: "What do you think of George W. Bush and
Al
 Gore?"

 "Well," I say, "Bush is a mixed bag. But I think Al Gore is the  devil."
 This line always gets a laugh, but it’s not really a joke. Don’t get me
wrong:
 Unlike some Clinton haters, who have the same opinion of his boss, I don’t
mean
 Gore is literally the Prince of Darkness. I simply mean that he operates
 according to  core principles that work to erode the freedoms of individuals
 and the progress of the  open society. >>

Funny.  I always say that Gore is nothing special, but Bush is the
anti-Christ.  Prudy