-Caveat Lector-

They just won't give up will they?

http://www.fas.org/sgp/news/2000/11/cia110600.html

     FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

           STATEMENT BY CIA SPOKESMAN BILL HARLOW
         FOLLOWING THE VETO OF THE FY 01 INTELLIGENCE
                          AUTHORIZATION BILL

     The leaking of sensitive classified information is a serious
problem that has been recognized by Congress and the
Administration.

     We look forward to working with all parties to craft a new
provision that helps preserve national security while fostering the
necessary public discussion of important issues.

     Our interest all along has solely been to plug a gap in the
existing law which jeopardizes the security of the United States
and compromises our ability to protect the American people.

     Any new provision should continue to place the burden solely
on current and former U.S. officials entrusted with sensitive
information.

* * *
Liberty has never come from the government....
The history of liberty is the history of resistance
...a history of the limitation of governmental
power, not the increase of it. -- Woodrow Wilson