----------

From: &quot;John Bevilaqua&quot; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:38:30 -0500

Here it is you requested it, you got it.

Picture caption: Kennedy rides in a motorcade about a minute before he was
shot in Dallas,

Texas, on November 22, 1963.  Associated Press Archives.

Winnipeg Free Press

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

November 22, 2000

Headline:    JFK's real assassins conspired in Winnipeg Airport: theorist

by Lindor Reynolds, Winnipeg Free Press Columnist

John Bevilaqua is a conspiracy theorist, a man determined to unearth the real
killer or

killers of John F. Kennedy.

The Web site developer not only believes Lee Harvey Oswald was a fall guy, he
also

believes the key to the conspiracy lies in Winnipeg.

It's a strange story that has tenuous roots in reality, anchored by countless
pages of

supporting documents and computer files that Bevilaqua, 53, uses to support
his

passionate argument that &quot;The Winnipeg Airport Incident&quot; points to
the real killer

or killers.  Express an interest in the topic and you will be bequeathed a
mountain of

faxes, emails and relevant Web sites.

Kennedy was shot dead in Dallas 37 years ago today.   Thousands of Kennedy
buffs,

ranging from serious academic researchers to the sort of people who also want

prove that Elvis lives, have spent time speculating on who killed him and
why.

&quot;I guess you could call me a mild obsessive-compulsive,&quot; says the
affable Bevilaqua

from Rhode Island office.  &quot;I guess for the past nine years I've spent
about 10 per

cent of my waking hours on this.&quot;

His wife tolerates his obsession, he says.

&quot;When she asks me to do the dishes, I'll say, &quot;Honey, I'm on the
trail of the assassins,&quot;

he laughs.

&quot;The Winnipeg Airport Incident&quot; is also known as &quot;The Richard
Giesbrecht Incident.&quot; It is

important to note that neither name appears in the majority of the legions of
books published

on the Kennedy assassination.  It reigns only on the Internet, safe haven for
conspiracy

theorists of all stripes.  But Bevilaqua is positive that an ordinary
Winnipeg accountant (sic),

[Note: actually insurance salesman] accidentally overheard a conversation
between the real

killers - or at least the men who hired the killers.

On February 13, 1964, Richard Elvin Giesbrecht was having a drink in the
Horizon Room

at the Winnipeg airport.   Giesbrecht, then 35 and the father of four,
overheard three men

discussing what appeared to be their involvement in Kennedy's assassination.
 In his

later report to the RCMP and the FBI, Giesbrecht said the men appeared
knowledgeable

about the murder.  He jotted notes [Note: he actually he reconstructed the
events later at home

by taking notes from memory,  then destroyed those notes in fear, then later
reconstructed

them once again from memory with the help of his brother who encouraged him
to pursue

this matter further to its logical conclusion] while they talked, carefully
detailed their appearance

and later told officials he felt threatened by the presence of one of the
man.  [Note: The man

who stood menacingly between him and the RCMP office at the Winnipeg airport
as he

attempted to report the incident at the time to any available constable or
law officer.]

It could have been dismissed as the imagination of a mid-afternoon drinker,
but wasn't.

Giesbrecht was eventually asked to testify at the New Orleans conspiracy
trial of Clay Shaw,

a businessman charged with conspiracy to murder Kennedy.  In the end, the
Winnipeg man's

story was rejected by authorities.  [Note: &quot;rejected&quot; is hardly the
right term in my opinion.

&quot;taken as far as it could be developed&quot; is a much more accurate
representation.   When no

real names or companies could be discerned from his comments and
recollections, the event

had to be abandoned as not providing any solid or conclusive leads.]  His
claims received

wide media attention.

Giesbrecht died in 1990.  Today his widow, Nadia, refuses to talk about her
husband's

brush with fame.  &quot;My husband has passed away and so has the story.&
quot;, she said this week.

Bevilaqua isn't about to let the story die.  [Note: Never in a million
years.]

  &quot;I think the killing was the work of the Pioneer Fund, a right-wing
organization,&quot; he says.

&quot;One hundred times, yes, I think they were behind it.&quot;

     He believes the three men in the airport bar were Rev. Gerald L. K.
Smith, whom he calls

&quot;a Nazi sympathizer&quot;; Anastase &quot;Annie&quot; Vonsiatsky, a
German-American [Note: Russian

Fascist American] once sentenced to five years in prison for violation of The
Espionage Act;

and either Ronald A. Gostick or Patrick J. Walsh, both allegedly extreme
right-wingers.

They were in Winnipeg, Bevilaqua believes, to attend a meeting of the
Canadian Anti-Communist

League.

&quot;This story has unfortunately been relegated to a very, very small
footnote in history,&quot; he says.

&quot;There are a number of us who believe (the) Richard Giesbrecht
(Incident) holds the key.&quot;

As for Lee Harvey Oswald, the man who took the official blame for the murder,
Bevilaqua says

he was likely a trained assassin who was selected to go down for the murder.
 The conspiracy

theorist says that if Oswald pulled the trigger, &quot;he was acting under
hypnotic suggestion.&quot;

The Richard Giesbrecht Incident could be truth, fiction or, more likely, some
muddy combination.

For John Bevilaqua, it's an historical fact he is determined to prove.  It's
been 37 years but he's

still trying.