Dr. Poley (Ph.D) responded to me letter; he is a brilliant man but he
seemed to agree that I made a point....believe it is serious point of
law and Bush I worry about because remember Gore in that intimidating
walk to him on stage....

Go get that bunch...wish I could help.   I think Gore and Clinton are a
national disgrace.

Colleen Jones akaSaba

Bull's eye. Since the human-discretion recount of "ambiguous ballots" has
never been evaluated against the actual intent of voters it is a
psychometric exercise with NO PROVEN VALIDITY whatsoever.
FWP

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]
> protest after the county's canvassing board decided to halt the full
> count of ballots and only hand-count 'undervote' ballots.
> The Miami-Dade decision came after Republicans protested the panel's
> vote earlier Wednesday to count only the 10,000 votes that didn't
> register a presidential choice when put through a machine.
> The board's action was seen by both camps as a setback for the Gore
> campaign, which was hoping to make major vote gains in the Miami-Dade
> recount.
> With the White House at stake, Gore hoped to pick up more votes in
> Florida to overcome George W. Bush, who held a 930-vote lead statewide
> before hand counts began in three Democratic-leaning counties.
> Miami-Dade started its manual tallying on Monday, several days later
> than Palm Beach and Broward counties. By Tuesday night, the county had
> hand counted only 135 of its 614 precincts — with Gore picking up 157
> votes.
> Broward May Be First to Finish
> Meanwhile, the full hand recount of 588,000 Broward County ballots
> neared completion as the state Supreme Court ruled that counters' days
> of tedium and tallies were not in vain.
> Broward County appeared poised to be the first of the three counties to
> complete the process when the counting resumed Wednesday. With all 609
> precincts and 41,500 absentee ballots tallied, Gore received a net gain
> of 56 votes from the county.
> There was even talk of counters working Thanksgiving to ensure the job
> was done by the Sunday 5 p.m. deadline.
> "I'm very pleased that the Supreme Court of Florida has decided that the
> voters who wanted to make a difference in the 43rd president of the
> United States will be heard," said Suzanne Gunzburger, a Democrat and
> Broward County canvassing board member.
> Canvassing board chairman Robert W. Lee said there were 1,000 to 2,000
> ballots with dimpled or partially removed chads — the tiny pieces of
> paper in punchcard ballots.
> — The Associated Press contributed to this story
>  Privacy Statement  For FoxNews.com comments write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]; For Fox News Channel comments write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> © Associated Press. All rights reserved.
> This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or
> redistributed.
> © News Digital Media 2000. All rights reserved.
>

>          THIS SPACE FOR RENT
>
> For details, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Please limit your postings to this list to 3
> messages in any 24 hour period.******
> Subscribe to SlickPlus and receive columns from some of the finest political writers
>on the net.
>
> Send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words JOIN PLUS in the subject.
>
> If you're more of a reader than a writer, you may want to receive the Slick-D DIGEST
>instead of individual emails. Send a blank email to      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> To remove your address, send blank email to

       http://www.vcn.bc.ca/culturex/The-Question-Nobody-Will-Answer.htm

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/5/_/122670/_/975013207/