-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 11/30/2000 11:22:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 ``What the hell is going on here? You know and I know it, this is not the
 right thing to do,'' said Senate Minority Leader Tom Rossin.

 But the new House speaker, Rep. Tom Feeney, is pressing forward.

 ``I don't believe there's an option at this point and I'm prepared to go,''
 said Feeney, who along with the Senate president has the power to call a
 special session. ``I'm standing on the playing field ready to put my helmet
 on.'' >>

We all know what's going on.  The fix is in.  I'm not half as upset that Bush
is going to manage to crawl into the presidency as I was.  Yes, it's still a
Republican setup, with Congress, Court and President all on the same side to
slide us down the chutes, but consider the amazing luck and fantastic
planning that has been shown here.  The luck includes the unexpected and
untimely death of Governor Chiles.  Then we have the special actions taken as
recently as July l999  that fixed various deadlines and procedures that have
produced the present conflict; then think of how fantastic it has been for
the Republicans that only voting machines in heavily Democratic counties were
uncalibrated or deliberately messed with.  However, minds that can plan ahead
so well, and work so cleverly, running roughshod over the actual will of the
population, and managing to give the impression that it's all the fault of
the poor slob of a victim can do us some good.  .  This kind of ability may
actually play out well for us.  Provided of course that none of the Bush's
plan to go to war, drafting our poor guys and dosing them well with things
that will leave them permanently messed up.  If this kind of chicanery can
just be directed at other nations, we might come out smelling like a rose.
Prudy