-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/3/00 7:18:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  When it comes to the Electoral College a full 74% of Americans
        say they understand how it works but a majority, 61%, would
        like to see the President elected by all Americans in a direct,
        nation-wide election, only 33% would prefer to have the
        Electoral College elect the President, 6% are not sure.

        Rasmussen Research conducted this national Portrait of
        America telephone survey of 991 adults on November 21,
        2000. The margin of sampling error was +/- 3 percentage
        points with a 95% level of confidence. >>

One thing this election did for me was to drive home the reason for the
electoral college.  When I saw that map of the continental US I saw that
there is a big difference between city and country people.  The people in the
big cities want handouts from the government as well as gun confiscation,
more public transportation and generally more controls on everything (less
freedom).  I now more fully understand the tyranny of the 51%.  I wonder if
this poll was taken more from people in large cities and less from people who
reside in small towns.

All laws and each President must apply to both the large cities and small
towns ... or do they?

Regards,
Bob Stokes