-Caveat Lector-

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:39:13 EST Kris Millegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>-Caveat Lector-

>Who Runs the Country?

>by Tibor R. Machan

>I don't know about others but I get incensed when I hear people
>talking about politicians "running" this country.
> And it seems that many of them have this
>dangerous illusion in our time.

<big snip>

>Today the idea should be abhorrent to all. It has long been
>understood, especially in Western societies,
> that no one owns another person, not
>even parents own their children,
> and that everyone has basic rights to,
>among other things, their lives, liberties and property.
> With that as the  guiding principle of political justice,
> no one has the right, the proper authority,
>to run a country, run the lives and businesses of the citizenry of a
>country.

What color is the sky in Tibor R. Machan's world?  RIGHTS???? We don't
have no stinkin' rights.  We have "Privileges", and make no mistake, they
can be taken away at the whim of the politicians by a mere stroke of the
pen on a new law, regulation, rule or interpretation of the foregoing.
Jayson R. Jones
(in a really bad mood due to drivel overload)