-Caveat Lector-

[I'm curious as to waht you all think of the following.  --MS]

<http://interactive.wsj.com/articles/Letters.htm>

LETTER

An Election Judge on Fraud

Your Nov. 22 page-one article "Florida Ballot Miscues Touch Off
Debate Within the African-American Community" may be misleading
to readers. Letters intended for publication in the print edition
of the Journal can be e-mailed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] All
letters are subject to abridgment. For more reader responses, see
Voices.

Was the problem of large numbers of overvotes in the black
precincts due to a "lack of sophistication," as Congresswoman
Hastings has suggested? Or rather, was there a significant amount
of ballot tampering of the Bush ballots by these Democrat
precinct election officials, by their subsequently punching out
the Gore chads to invalidate the ballot and reduce the Bush vote
count in these heavily Democrat precincts? Some were reported as
1,000-plus for Mr. Gore, and less than a dozen for Mr. Bush. How
many overvoted ballots for president in those precincts? Was Gov.
Bush punched on any of these? How many? Having been an election
judge here in Houston, Texas (Harris County), for more than a
decade, I have been made aware over the years by my fellow
Republican Ballot Security officials here of numerous examples of
probable serious election fraud in some of the inner-city
precincts, where we apparently use similar votomatic punch card
voting systems, as in Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade County,
Florida.

We apparently have seen examples of intentional tampering of
already voted ballots by Democrat election officials in our
inner-city precincts, that probably took place after the polls
had closed and the poll watchers had gone home. The easiest
opportunity for tampering has been for precinct officials to
improperly reopen the ballot transfer cases on the way to the
election center, and punch out a Democrat chad in a particular
race on a ballot that was voted as a Republican vote for that
race, thus invalidating the ballot for that race, thereby
reducing the Republican's vote count. We even had an incident
several years ago of a Democrat precinct official driving around
our Loop 610 for more than an hour in their van altering and even
adding ballots.

Remember that reducing your opponent's vote count is just as
effective as adding new ballots for your candidate, and virtually
undetectable. The only way to even sense this kind of tampering
has occurred is to examine the overvoted ballots for their two
preferences, and then examine the down ballot preferences. Every
Bush ballot would have been double punched with Gore votes too,
and possibly even straight-Republican ballots would have been
punched with straight-Democratic holes too. The real story may be
in a closer examination of those 19,000 overvote ballots in Palm
Beach County. Some veteran ballot security officials of these
vote fraud investigations here in Houston believe massive voter
fraud might be found to have occurred in the inner-city precincts
in those three Florida counties. Perhaps even in other
metropolitan cities across America.

If the presumption of election fraud is to be assumed, Gore will
have more chads punched out on almost all 19,000 overvoted
ballots, and Bush some number short of that. The Gore Campaign
will argue that this differential proves that Gore got more votes
than Bush, but in reality, it may simply suggest that his
Democrat election officials punched out his Gore chads to
invalidate Bush ballots. One need only have watched the hand
recounts in Broward County to see how brazen some election
officials can be.

One other factual note here that should cause you to understand
the potential gravity of the fraud in Florida. For comparison,
here in Harris County (Greater Houston area), with almost a
million similar-votomatic ballots cast on Nov. 7, Harris County
had only 6,500 (0.7%) overvotes (more than one vote) and 14,690
(1.5%) undervotes (no votes) for president. So, one should ask,
why such a problem in Palm Beach where overvoting was almost 5%.
"Lack of Sophistication"? Butterfly Ballot? Fraud? A combination
of all three? You can reject "Butterfly Ballot," if most of the
ballots have Bush and anyone else.

In Houston, we have even observed discrepancies between the
number of votes cast and the number of signatures on poll lists
to be as high as 4% to 6% in precincts without pollwatchers, but
it apparently reduces to below 1% when poll watchers are used.
Sadly, not even poll watchers are a guarantee against a
"sophisticated" and dishonest precinct election official. They're
out there every election, stealing lots of votes and undermining
our precious electoral system and thus our democracy. Wake up
America, all may not be as it appears in those Florida counties
with heavily Democrat precincts, let alone around the rest of
America. Maybe we need to pay attention and investigate high
overvote precincts all across the nation.

C. Moore
Houston

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF: