-Caveat Lector-

visit my web site at  http://www.voicenet.com/~wbacon
My ICQ# is 79071904

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 17:53:44 -0800
From: Arthur Hickman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Snet News <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
     Bible Prophecy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SNET: [Fwd: Democracy or Republic?]

->  SNETNEWS  Mailing List

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Democracy or Republic?
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:03:34 -0500
From: "The Liberty Committee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Liberty Activist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

December 4, 2000

Dear friend of liberty,

When we witness a grievous wrong, we want to scream.  We want to
release frustration, but more importantly, we hope people will listen to
us so that a grievous wrong can be set right; a lie can be replaced with
truth.

Since the presidential election on November 7th, politicians, political
pundits and operatives, reporters, pollsters, broadcasters,
commentators, columnists, lawyers and judges are unwittiningly or
deliberately perpetuating a grave falsehood.  They constantly refer to
our form of government as a democracy, instead of as a republic.  The
founders of our nation, as well as the thousands of men and women who
have died defending our country during the last 224 years, must be
screaming from their graves.

As of this evening, we, as citizens, have the opportunity to help
correct a wrong.  Representatives Ron Paul, Jack Metcalf, Bob Stump, and
Mark Sanford submitted House Concurrent Resolution 443 early this
evening.  The resolution reaffirms that our form of government is a
republic - not a democracy.  In addition, the resolution reaffirms our
electoral college system.

The difference between a republic and a democracy is the difference
between liberty for everyone or tyranny of the majority.

We must not allow the lie to continue.  To those people who deliberately
perpetuate the lie that our country is a democracy with the hope that
our nation actually becomes one, we say, "No!"  To those people who
unwittiningly accept this falsehood as truth, we say, "Stop. Think and
understand."

Citizens in every one of the 435 congressional districts throughout our
50 states must know about H. Con. Res. 443.  They then must urge
their U.S. representative to reaffirm his commitment to our republic by
cosponsoring this fundamental resolution.

Inside-the-Beltway-professional-political types must also know about
H. Con. Res. 443.   To serve notice on them that we won't stand for
their lie, we will have the resolution published in a Washington
newspaper.

You can do four things to help.  1. Please read the resolution for
yourself.  2. Please urge your U.S. representative to cosponsor
H. Con. Res. 443.  3. Make a contribution so this resolution can be
published in a D.C. newspaper to serve notice on the Inside-the-Beltway
types who spawned this lie.  4. Tell your family and friends about the
resolution and ask them to help.

Please join our campaign to right this grievous wrong.  Go to
http://www.thelibertycommittee.org  to read the resolution, write your
representative, make a contribution, and ask your friends to help.

Kent Snyder
The Liberty Committee
http://www.thelibertycommittee.org

-> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17