-Caveat Lector-

 <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mdmorrissey/gore.htm">Click here: The
Assassination of President Gore</A>

http://www.geocities.com/mdmorrissey/gore.htm

The Assassination of President Gore

by Michael D. Morrissey

Sunday, Dec. 10, 2000

What we are witnessing now is an assassination without the blood. As in 1963,
we are seeing the blatant usurpation of the presidency by the fascist powers
that have controlled the country--behind an ever growing, omnipresent media
smokescreen--ever since the execution of President Kennedy in Dealey Plaza.

This time the murder weapons are not rifles but voter fraud and judicial
corruption at the highest level, as demonstrated by the US Supreme Court's
announcement yesterday that it, in the person of five judges, will decide
(tomorrow) who becomes president, and not the people who voted in Florida on
Nov. 7. There is no longer any doubt what the outcome will be.

Gore has long since won the popular vote nationwide by more than 300,000
votes, and it has become clear that he would also win in Florida if the
manual recount ordered by the Florida Supreme Court were allowed to continue.
What the Republicans have failed to do by massive voter fraud in the state
controlled by George W. Bush's little brother Jeb, and have threatened to do
by legislative decree at the state level, they have now accomplished by
judicial decree at the highest level.

The US Supreme Court is playing essentially the same role now as it did in
1964, when Chief Justice Earl Warren produced a fairy tale known as the
Warren Report that the majority of the American people have always known is
pack of lies. It is now sanctioning, as the highest authority, the virtual
appointment of the president, against the express will of the people.

This may be a bloodless coup (so far, anyway), but it is no less significant,
and even more transparent (if that is possible), than the events in Dealey
Plaza that put the war president, LBJ, in office in 1963. Whatever the
wording of the Court's opinion, it will decide for Bush and he will become
president. The message to the people is clear, perhaps even clearer than it
was in 1963: "We've got you by the balls. The fundamental principle of the
state is not democracy; if it were, the votes in Florida would be counted.
L'état, c'est moi." This is not a fairy tale à la Lee Harvey Oswald, but a
clear statement of principle. We know where they stand, and thus we know
where we stand.

The power axis is clearer, too. We need not speculate about the
"conservative" forces in 1963 who feared a "Kennedy dynasty," and made doubly
sure of preventing it by murdering brother Robert in 1968, and who now have
achieved precisely that imperial wish with their own anointed family, the
Bushes. (The first--erroneous--announcement of Bush as the winner on election
night came from the Fox News Channel desk of John Ellis, a first cousin of
George and Jeb.) The Bushes' alliance with the CIA, George Sr. having been
the first former CIA director (if anybody can be "former" CIA) to occupy the
White House, is in perfect contrast to the Kennedys' distrust and hatred of
them (John having vowed at one time to "smash them into a thousand pieces and
scatter them to the wind").

We've come a long way, baby. And where are we? The blood will come, as it did
in Vietnam. I don't think George W. is being foisted upon us in this overtly
fascistic manner for nothing. We will pay the price for our complacency if we
let it stand, which I am afraid we will. Led by the fully complacent--and
thus complicit--television (and other) media, we will listen to the
interminable bla-bla from the talking heads until we can't stand it anymore
and shut the damn thing off. The fundamental principle of democracy, the
right to vote and have our votes counted, will have been blatantly violated
by the highest authority in the land, which means the last vestiges of
democracy are gone, and we will have accepted it. We should not be surprised
when the Brown Shirts and the Gestapo re-appear.

Please distribute as widely as possible

Coming Up on Yahoo! Chat

More...

Travel Gift Ideas
Looking for that last-minute present for the intrepid traveler on your list?
For inside tips on this season's hottest travel-friendly gadgets, toys,
books, and everything in between, join Niloufar Motamed at our
TravelandLeisure.com chat. Tuesday, December 12th at 3pET/NoonPT.
Coming Up on Yahoo! Chat

[Close]

undefined
[Close]